IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Related topic: photographing sun-rises/-sets
While checking out our next local full Solar Eclipse (4/14-15/2014) saw this link with some hints which might not be in everyone's kit.

http://www.timeandda...-photography.html
New Re: Related topic: photographing sun-rises/-sets
THere's a lot of "stating the bleeding obvious" there, and some ridiculousness (hat and sunscreen? really?). IT also doesn't mention the single most useful piece of kit for shooting the sky - a 3 stop ND graduated filter.

And there's no link to The Photographer's Ephemeris, which is an essential part of any landscape tog's bookmarks:

http://photoephemeris.com/
New Given that they always have to state the obvious..
Were I to embark on sun-things (here in my sun-angle-limited Valley: I'd ask you first!

And: probably have to get an i-Pad (presuming that that nifty Ephemeris will work just fine sans a cell-fone but with Intarweb.)
Phone essential when going farther than e few miles. Sob.
Can see immediately that no amount of clever notes could possibly nail-it like this App.
HAL is Here! but alas--still mute.

..That's a great Terran sunset, Peter; would you like me to run the light through a few Pbytes of data and get a few Monte-Carlo points?
(I notice you left your ND filter set atop the Refrigerator/helicopter; would you like me to print one out?
--I just had the humans deliver some optical grade plastic to refill that empty Clear-tank. I also have your coffee formula On Tap..)
I can't seem to get the Guinness formula to work at all, though; were I human I'd be mortified.

A winter moonrise - (pwhysall) - (7)
         A rare place where mere #s translate to gorgeous - (Ashton)
         That's THE MOON?!?!?! -NT - (drook)
         Must be some really long exposure! - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
             Drooknerdery: - (pwhysall)
         Related topic: photographing sun-rises/-sets - (Ashton) - (2)
             Re: Related topic: photographing sun-rises/-sets - (pwhysall) - (1)
                 Given that they always have to state the obvious.. - (Ashton)

I'm sorry Dave, but Dave's friend Dave says Dave's at Dave's house.
37 ms