IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New It is finished. I own a house. :)
It's amazing how little stress I feel right now. I would say the proper term is "euphoria." After everything we went through trying to get everyone all the information they needed, the actual closing process took about 40 minutes.

Whee... anyway, just feeling good. It looks like it's going to rain all day tomorrow, which is when we're moving in. LOL.
"We are all born originals -- why is it so many of us die copies?"
- Edward Young
New And so it begins...
Welcome to the wonderful world of HOME FIXIT PROJECTS!!

*e-vile cackle*

Congrats! May you always have a happy home in your house!
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
New Congrats!
Hope you're looking forward to a life full of honey-do projects. :)
-YendorMike

[link|http://www.hope-ride.org/|http://www.hope-ride.org/]
New Er.. just remember, 'a house is not a home' :-\ufffd
New No, it's "A home without a cat is just a house."
And since he's got a cat, I think he's set. :-)

Best of luck with the [link|http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/TheMoneyPit-1014124/reviews.php|money pit], Chris!

Cheers,
Scott.
(Who doesn't have a cat.)
New What if you have 14...?
Regards,

-scott anderson

New Well then you have...
my sympathies. :-)

Cats can be lots of fun. I grew up with them, but I'm allergic to them now. :-/

A few years ago, my mom had 5 or so at one time. Whew, that was a nightmare because she had trouble keeping up with them...

So, I assume you've mastered how to train them to [link|http://www.karawynn.net/mishacat/toilet.html|use the toilet]? :-)

Cheers,
Scott.
New I'm allergic to them as well...
Fortunately only 6 are in the house. The other ones are awaiting other homes as soon as we can find some for them.

And no, we haven't trained them to use the toilet... :-)
Regards,

-scott anderson

New Toilet trained cats.....
There are 2 possible outcomes.
1. It doesn't work, and you end up with cat poop where the litter box used to be, and every morning when you go to take a shower you get litter on your feet until your girlfriends' roommate who owns the condo where you're living finally gives up and takes the freaking thing away, by which time the cat has learned to poop in lots of places like your shoes, and the cat continues to do that until you finally have to marry your girlfriend and buy your own house.
2. It works, which is the same as (1) except for now everytime you have to go you have to deal with cat poop, and if you think it's fun living with 3 women and having to put the seat down try it with having to not only put the seat down and put the stupid training device and its litter back on the toilet, but now you have to _wait for the cat to finish_ before you can go, at which time pissing in one of the plants starts to look like a viable option.

Also note: Cats can't aim.

FAQ! We're scrod!
New Another excellent theory shot down by inconvenient facts. :)
New Now that that's over with,...
look up the Mac-Haydn Theatre in Chatham for some live theater to celebrate. I saw a very professional Camelot there a couple years ago.

Good lick with the house. I'm looking forward to reading about the "discoveries" you make in the months to come. :)
Alex

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction. -- Blaise Pascal (1623-1662)
New Congrats
Hope to be sharing your pain/joy soon.
===

Implicitly condoning stupidity since 2001.
New Congrats!
New Congrats :)
Just started painting the interior of ours tonight. Have a couple of weeks on you, we can share stories when I'm in Albany next month :) BTW, I'll drop you an email when we have flight/hotel arrangements finalized.
-----
Steve
New Well done
So do you know the names of all the local hardware store employees yet?
The world is only a simple place to the simple.
New Congrats. Enjoy the euphoria
Mine lasted a few weeks. And now shopping in hardware stores is really fun!

Brian Bronson
New Welcome to Home Depot! :)
--

Want to be original? Start with a great template!
New Woo-Hoo!!
Now...do you own a lawnmower?

Congrats!!
jb4
"We continue to live in a world where all our know-how is locked into binary files in an unknown format. If our documents are our corporate memory, Microsoft still has us all condemned to Alzheimer's."
Simon Phipps, SUN Microsystems
New Well done!
I found that just buying a flat (apartment) was enough of a hassle - sounds like you've had lots of 'fun'. Ah well, it's time to enjoy it!

Know what you mean about all the information-gathering culminating in a short closing process. After about 5 weeks of information-gathering, the actual closing (settlement, it's called here) was over within 5 minutes. It was me, a solicitor, and a finance company representative, all passing pieces of paper around in a circle. Still, I got to glimpse both my title deeds, and a big fat cheque, as they passed from soicitor to finance company and vice versa.
The euphoria set in once I completed the final task - faxing the estate agent to inform them I had settled. The train trip from town (where settlement took place) to the estate agent (so I could pick up the keys) felt like the longest train trip ever :)
John. Busy lad.
New Re: It is finished. I own a house. :)
Enjoy. Home ownership is a great reason to buy tools. It's really cool when you decide that you want to do things like install electrical outlets where you want them, or change the bathroom fixtures to something you like, or plant flowers or countless other things that you no longer have to ask the landlord if you can do.

My advice to new home owners is that where feasible, fix the house up to live in it not to sell it. "Leave it better than you found it" works better when you leave the wilderness than it does when you leave your house.

Alas, Home Depot does not do payroll deductions.
FAQ! We're scrod!
     It is finished. I own a house. :) - (cwbrenn) - (19)
         And so it begins... - (admin)
         Congrats! - (Yendor)
         Er.. just remember, 'a house is not a home' :-\ufffd -NT - (Ashton) - (6)
             No, it's "A home without a cat is just a house." - (Another Scott) - (5)
                 What if you have 14...? -NT - (admin) - (4)
                     Well then you have... - (Another Scott) - (3)
                         I'm allergic to them as well... - (admin)
                         Toilet trained cats..... - (rickw) - (1)
                             Another excellent theory shot down by inconvenient facts. :) -NT - (Another Scott)
         Now that that's over with,... - (a6l6e6x)
         Congrats - (drewk)
         Congrats! -NT - (inthane-chan)
         Congrats :) - (Steve Lowe)
         Well done - (Silverlock)
         Congrats. Enjoy the euphoria - (bbronson)
         Welcome to Home Depot! :) -NT - (Arkadiy)
         Woo-Hoo!! - (jb4)
         Well done! - (Meerkat)
         Re: It is finished. I own a house. :) - (rickw)

Is that a Dune reference?
74 ms