IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: Same city flights would be smarter
What I was saying, is to "share" passengers requires another order of magnitude calculation.

Right now, the airports use hubs and spokes. So if you want to go from A to D, you also might go to B or C, depending.

The next airport goes from A to D via 1 and 2. If they have the same ultimate destination. So instead of a non-stop from A-D, like you might have, you could end up, for the same trip, making 2 stops. Or something.

The airlines currently juggle who's on the plane, with what planes are needed - If 20 people miss a flight, and all were connecting somewhere else, then you might not need as big a plane for a later stage.

If every airline flew the same routes, with comparable planes, it wouldn't be as problematic, but right now it would be very difficult to have "sharing" work.

Add to that, that for instance, I won't fly United, and prefer not to fly US Air, for instance.. the only airline I *like* is SouthWest... Now you swap me to United so they can get money for being utter bastards?

Addison
New No one said it would be easy.
I'm just tossing out what I thought was an unusual solution.
I really was hoping for more intriguing ideas, instead of having my off-the-top possibilites criticized. But I do see your point, even if you don't see mine.
     How do we make the airlines safe "quickly"? - (brettj) - (9)
         Ground them - (tuberculosis)
         Re: How do we make the airlines safe "quickly"? - (addison) - (4)
             Same city flights would be smarter - (brettj) - (2)
                 Re: Same city flights would be smarter - (addison) - (1)
                     No one said it would be easy. - (brettj)
             NRA antidote? - (Ashton)
         Already done... - (bepatient)
         One has already happened, another could be done - (duke) - (1)
             That would make you... - (CRConrad)

I agree with everything you said except "lol".
76 ms