IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New report from the Berkeley Repub bash
(ah, "Lathe of Heaven"--I trust you refer to the novel or the very decent PBS dranatization of 1979, and not the abomination broadcast on cable last year)

We have a 20 year-old nephew staying with us as he attends school--a strongly suburban sensibility (born, raised and seldom out of Oxnard CA before) who hasn't outgrown his "goth" phase yet. He and a friend attended a party Saturday night thrown by the Bushler's Youth: reports that he and friend felt "out of place" although not unwelcome; that the males of approximately his age were wearing suits and that the females wore "sensible shoes" and were on the plain side (he said "think of a young Janet Reno") with the exception of one sweet young thing who was "keg dancing," a rite apparently involving standing on one's head while sucking from the outlet of a beer keg (one of the Bush twins, perhaps?). He had the impression that she was to be raffled off at the end of the evening...

cordially,
"Die Welt ist alles, was der Fall ist."
New Hmmm.. reminds me of the time -
Ursula Le Guin Book, of course. Uh I seem to remember a rather Stupid rendition sometime back; I don't think you Can 'do this' for the only-visual impaired adsorber of stuff. I thought.. it wasn't a bad imitation of, Each Day:
Siva opens eyes. A Universe appears.
(and of course - you have "always" been in That one and so - - )

But back at the Institute:
Evangelist shows up .. (Maybe - Pat Boone??) with small entourage. Guess maybe it was thought best not to refuse, reinforce Godless-Commyintellekshuls logo, and maybe get somebody sic'ed on us. Well.. with so much self-congratulatory Goodness around for 20 min. or so -- I think that was the night that the chug a mug record was broken at 0.86 seconds. See: you open your throat and ... pour. (Has to be warmish, so any Brits have an advantage)

Now we had no such attractions as umm, a winsome lass, brain petrified into early-Reponess :( but I guess the above report indicates that the neo-repos have figured out that, a little bit of sugar makes the medicine go down. I'm still trying to get imagination around '20 yos + suits' enroute to being Suits, but surrendering to homogenization so. early.
{I see shrieking neurons - certain they will Never be given any Work! Contemplating seppuku.}

(In fairness though - we must remember with shame that.. early-on in the
GTF Outta going to exotic new places, meeting new people and killing them er Movements:
females were tacitly expected to deal with file drawers / and/or no drawers / and leave the organizin stuff to Guys who'd 'read' Proust - ya wouldn't wanna die on the barricades with someone not cuth, right?)

{sigh}

Luck with your person-in-transition. I'll just assume that you will make proper use of the maxim, Comfort the afflicted; afflict the comfortable..

Ashton
Who hadn't really contemplated driving down there for the free pabulum, in my Mad Hatter 10/6 hat...
New ICLRPD (new thread)
Created as new thread #99411 titled [link|/forums/render/content/show?contentid=99411|ICLRPD]
===

Implicitly condoning stupidity since 2001.
     Americans invade Berkeley! - (marlowe) - (4)
         In yer dreams, Nintendo-boy. 'Lathe of Heaven': yer not. -NT - (Ashton) - (3)
             report from the Berkeley Repub bash - (rcareaga) - (2)
                 Hmmm.. reminds me of the time - - (Ashton) - (1)
                     ICLRPD (new thread) - (drewk)

A:>_
48 ms