IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Hey CRC, USPS doesn't like your picture!
Today I noticed the USPS logo instead of your picture. Tried to access your picture URL directly and received the following notice:

Inappropriate Use of USPS Information Resources

USPS Logo was here
The site you have requested from your IP Address of 56.xxx.xx.xxx
is considered inappropriate for users of
Postal Service Information Resources.

Violators of USPS Policies may be subject to
disciplinary action
If you have any questions about this site being designated as inappropriate,
please send an email to xxxx@xxxx.xxx

Now I remember seeing your mug shot. Kinda ugly, but didn't think it was so bad that the USPS had to block our viewing it! ;-b

Note: I've blocked out the IP address, the reply to address and removed the USPS log in the middle.
[link|mailto:jbrabeck@attbi.com|Joe]
New Yeah, well, who does? ;-) Ah, I think I know why!
Idunno, could it be a certain word that is repeated three times on "My first sucky home page"? That's all that comes to mind.

No, BTW, it isn't - now that I look at it, I see the picture file is named "crc999.jpg", only the 9's are the other way up, so to speak... Could *that* be it?

[link|mailto:MyUserId@MyISP.CountryCode|Christian R. Conrad]
(I live in Finland, and my e-mail in-box is at the Saunalahti company.)
Your lies are of Microsoftian Scale and boring to boot. Your 'depression' may be the closest you ever come to recognizing truth: you have no 'inferiority complex', you are inferior - and something inside you recognizes this. - [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=71575|Ashton Brown]
Expand Edited by CRConrad April 25, 2003, 05:17:20 PM EDT
New Equal time!
if.. 666 is verboten, then

Let's see if Christian.jpg is allowed-in by the pious *United States* {cough} Postal service. Hmmm?

Care to rename for an experiment.. a protest.. a lawsuit.. demonstration..?

National Boycott ---> Go Postal to WW-IV
(We're already working on WW-III)

Ashton Ameliorators of Conflict LLC
New That file name was my choice. Feel free to rename it and...
after modifying your profile to match, see if that works for Joe.

I will accept the blame. :)
Alex

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction. -- Blaise Pascal (1623-1662)
New I can't imagine why
but from the sounds of that message, they are blocking the whole [link|http://www.saunalahti.fi/|http://www.saunalahti.fi/] site. Which as far as I can tell is an ISP web page, not anything that needs to be blocked.

But then there may be a certain home page on there that someone objected to, and instead of banning just the URL they banned the whole web site? I remember when I was a Federal Contractor for the US Army, they blocked Geocities.com, Tripod.com, and other domain names because they allowed content on their web sites that the censors didn't want anyone to see. So the good stuff was gone too, like Visual BASIC tutorials, technical pages, etc. It may be just a case of OverCensorship by the USPS.

"Bill Gates cannot guarantee Windows, so how are you going to guarantee my safety?"
-John Crichton to the Emperor of the Scarrans on [link|http://www.farscape.com|FarScape]
New Son: *ALL* censorship IS___*OVER___Censorship*
New Don't say that!

Many fears are born of stupidity and ignorance -
Which you should be feeding with rumour and generalisation.
BOfH, 2002 "Episode" 10
New You are correct
They are blocking the entire site. Since access violations are logged, I've turned off the personal pictures...

But to show that you are in good company, even webshots.com is denied, though not "inappropriate". Periodically following threads, I run into "inappropriate". Never have found out what was inapropriate.

Since I'm a contractor here, can't object too loudly. I can justify IWETHEY as work related, Linux, WWW, Web, Security and MS.

Oh well, no more see what eveyone looks like, until I get home... :-(
New OK, Joe, try to turn 'em on again...
I haven't changed the filename (yet), but the URL...

(See? Something good *can* come out of one ISP growing by accretion of a lot of smaller ones! :-)

[Edit:] Oh, and this also means you can e-mail me at that other -- and oh-so-appropriate -- domain... In fact, that's one of the major reasons I went with this ISP, back in the day! :-)

[link|mailto:MyUserId@MyISP.CountryCode|Christian R. Conrad]
(I live in Finland, and my e-mail in-box is at the Saunalahti company.)
Your lies are of Microsoftian Scale and boring to boot. Your 'depression' may be the closest you ever come to recognizing truth: you have no 'inferiority complex', you are inferior - and something inside you recognizes this. - [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=71575|Ashton Brown]
Expand Edited by CRConrad April 28, 2003, 01:51:42 PM EDT
New Your're back! :->
Thanks for changing.

One of these day's I'll find a place to stick my mug shot, and vaporize all the monitors when viewed...

New Hypothetical Q.
Is it feasible to embed a script which would go thru M$ security like.. well Everything goes thru M$ 'Security' and

UP^ the refresh rate to sizzling.. on the victim's monitor? Surely that 'ol Registry has the very spot \ufffd for this little "Automatic Web-Upgrade" for your new 'Doze and its new '03 [Sucker-based] EULA.

(Not that *I* would ever Do such a thing.. {cackle} just pre-appraising the enemy within every nasty-kid wannabe-BOFH)

Ashton
New Actuall, I remember...
That there was a virus (on Apple systems IIRC) that would do exactly that. Worked on early hardware that did not have appropriate safeguards to keep the refresh rate from vaulting into the stratosphere.

It did damage monitors at that time, tho....
jb4
"We continue to live in a world where all our know-how is locked into binary files in an unknown format. If our documents are our corporate memory, Microsoft still has us all condemned to Alzheimer's."
Simon Phipps, SUN Microsystems
     Hey CRC, USPS doesn't like your picture! - (jbrabeck) - (11)
         Yeah, well, who does? ;-) Ah, I think I know why! - (CRConrad) - (2)
             Equal time! - (Ashton)
             That file name was my choice. Feel free to rename it and... - (a6l6e6x)
         I can't imagine why - (orion) - (7)
             Son: *ALL* censorship IS___*OVER___Censorship* -NT - (Ashton) - (1)
                 Don't say that! -NT - (tseliot)
             You are correct - (jbrabeck) - (4)
                 OK, Joe, try to turn 'em on again... - (CRConrad) - (3)
                     Your're back! :-> - (jbrabeck) - (2)
                         Hypothetical Q. - (Ashton) - (1)
                             Actuall, I remember... - (jb4)

Most of our entire ruling junta.
60 ms