IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New scam spam
Several of these have started showing up in my various email accounts over the past 24 hours:
Dear PayPal Customer

This e-mail is the notification of recent innovations taken by PayPal to detect inactive customers and non-functioning mailboxes.

The inactive customers are subject to restriction and removal in the next 3 months.

Please confirm your email address and and Credit Card info number by logging in to your PayPal account using the form below:

Email Address:
Password:
Full name:
Billing Address:
Billing State:
Credit Card #:
Exp. Date (mm/yy)"
ATM PIN (Bank Verification):
\ufffd
This notification expires May 31, 2003

Thanks for using PayPal!
One wonders how many fish actually snap at the hook. I should probably warn my elderly father, who regards himself as a hardbitten realist but who is almost preternaturally credulous when it comes to the internet, about this.

cordially,
"Die Welt ist alles, was der Fall ist."
New Phony verification forms in email
I usually get "Yahoo Activation" requests to my Yahoo account and "ICQ activation" requests that say about the same thing but for my Yahoo and ICQ accounts. I've figured out that they are phony requests to try and steal my passwords after I got a couple of them at once. Plus some of them were misspelled worse than I misspell things.

Even though I didn't fill out those email HTML forms, my Yahoo and ICQ accounts are still working. I've never seen the Paypal scam, but thanks for the heads up, I'll avoid it if someone sends it to me.

"Bill gates cannot guarantee Windows, so how are you going to guarantee my safety?"
-John Crichton to the Emperor of the Scarrans on [link|http://www.farscape.com|FarScape]
     scam spam - (rcareaga) - (1)
         Phony verification forms in email - (orion)

POLTERGEIST!
75 ms