IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Delphi question re dynamic widgets
How easy would it be to make a SCGUI-like tool using Delphi? Can it handle dynamically created (during run-time) widgets?

BTW, how is Delphi employment compared to other IT?

Many fears are born of stupidity and ignorance -
Which you should be feeding with rumour and generalisation.
BOfH, 2002 "Episode" 10
New DOM stinks like rotten bat farts,but lets not start that agn
Fuck knows -- what IS "a SCGUI-like tool" ?!? Do *try* to talk in generally accepted terms when you're out among people, please -- save the Brycian tongue-talk for your Web site monologues.

But, on the off chance that "a SCGUI-like tool" means "A RAD tool to build 'distributed' applications, which are accessed by browser clients over HTTP", then, well... Then, at least since the arrival of the [link|http://www.atozedsoftware.com/intraWeb/intros/Borland.html|IntraWeb] suite of components from [link|http://www.atozedsoftware.com/indexjs.html|Atozed Software], then Delphi IS "a SCGUI-like tool" -- and, if anything, probably *better* than you ever envisioned.

Can it handle dynamically created (during run-time) widgets?
Of fucking *course* it can !!! What are you, *stupid* ???

Don't answer that; it was a rhetorical question.

Or, if you will, read it as: "What are you, so fucking stupid you think I'll answer elaborate on a question that shows beyond a shadow of a doubt that you've *never* even TRIED it, although a) I've spent *years* telling you it can do everything you want and a lot more besides, and b) it's been available, free for the download from Borland, for a couple of years now, and for at least three years before that it was available on very, *very* low-cost magazine cover disks -- are you really *so* fucking stupid that you think I'll answer a question would, once AGAIN, explain exactly how to do a simple thing like that?"

Come to think about it, don't answer that either; turns out it's still a rhetorical question.

BTW, how is Delphi employment compared to other IT
It's fucking *heaven*... If you can get it.

HTH!

oop.ismad.com
no.bryce.is

[Edit: Clarified, removed self-contradictions.]

[link|mailto:MyUserId@MyISP.CountryCode|Christian R. Conrad]
(I live in Finland, and my e-mail in-box is at the Saunalahti company.)
Your lies are of Microsoftian Scale and boring to boot. Your 'depression' may be the closest you ever come to recognizing truth: you have no 'inferiority complex', you are inferior - and something inside you recognizes this. - [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=71575|Ashton Brown]
Expand Edited by CRConrad April 25, 2003, 01:44:43 PM EDT
New Did Delphi make you rude, or were you just born that way?
Created as new thread #98966 titled [link|/forums/render/content/show?contentid=98966|How was that any ruder than what YOU wrote?]

[link|mailto:MyUserId@MyISP.CountryCode|Christian R. Conrad]
(I live in Finland, and my e-mail in-box is at the Saunalahti company.)
Your lies are of Microsoftian Scale and boring to boot. Your 'depression' may be the closest you ever come to recognizing truth: you have no 'inferiority complex', you are inferior - and something inside you recognizes this. - [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=71575|Ashton Brown]
     Open-source grid widget? - (tablizer) - (18)
         Re: Open-source grid widget? - (orion) - (1)
             Active-X? Gulp......but thanx for links -NT - (tablizer)
         What's your environment? - (tseliot)
         As TSE says, for what dev. environment, if not as an OCX? - (CRConrad) - (6)
             Delphi question re dynamic widgets - (tablizer) - (5)
                 You want GUI over HTTP? I've offered you one already. - (tseliot) - (1)
                     DOM stinks like rotten bat farts,but lets not start that agn -NT - (tablizer)
                 You want an answer from me? Why should I answer that? - (CRConrad) - (2)
                     Did Delphi make you rude, or were you just born that way? -NT - (tablizer) - (1)
                         How was that any ruder than what YOU wrote? (new thread) - (CRConrad)
         for the programming impaired could you define grid widget? - (boxley) - (5)
             More like - (Simon_Jester) - (4)
                 here ya go - (boxley)
                 TK has been used to write trees and grids -NT - (Arkadiy)
                 don't need every possible widget in there I think - (tablizer) - (1)
                     exactly what tkined is for -NT - (boxley)
         On OS X there's one in the standard cocoa toolkit - (tuberculosis) - (1)
             Windows has a standard one too - very dumb one -NT - (Arkadiy)

Between our quests we sequin vests and impersonate Clark Gable.
47 ms