IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New another reason I miss the old USSR
Elsewhere in "Politics" a thread on antidrug laws is winding down, with the social libertarians and an unexpected ayatollah at reasonably civil daggers drawn. It is useful to be reminded that before the War on Terrorism the authoritarian faction had the War on Drugs to flog in their never-ending struggle against civil liberties. But before the War on Drugs became a convenient prybar for dislodging traditional individual rights, we had...the War on Communism!--and a handy war it was, my droogies, for some: the late J.E. Hoover (never as enthusiastic a persecutor of organized crime as his several hagiographies would have you believe) made that struggle the capstone of his career and, for his troubles, got the FBI HQ building named for him (about as grotesque as it would be for the Russians today to have their domestic secret police HQ named for Lavrentii Beria--it's astonishing that this brutal piece of public architecture is still called "Hoover").

What I liked about the War on Communism was the enemy itself, Red in tooth and claw. Its foes on these shores thundered denunciation, and frankly--what wasn't not to like? "We must struggle to preserve our American Way of Life against Stalin's hordes, who would deprive us of the freedoms our fathers fought for! Yes! How would you like your telephones to be tapped...your mail opened...government agents monitoring what books you read, what is said at (pious gasp) your place of worship?? We must accordingly tap your phones, read your mail, et cetera..." And you know?-- It used to be possible to call them on this disconnect, and while it didn't stop them, it did occasionally close some obscure circuit of shame, make 'em stutter for momentary awareness of the contradiction. You could actually cause the brighter ones to understand for a (one brief shining) moment, before mindlessness mercifully extinguished the awareness, that they proposed to fight Stalinism with Stalinism. Today, unfortunately, the authoritarian nature of Islam rampant can be disguised for domestic consumption as mere anarchy (the authoritarian part can be passed off as mere sharia--Crazy fucking ragheads wanna ban my cable teevee tittyvision and monster truck rallies? Kill the motherfuckers!) and it's tougher to bring the contradiction into sharp relief. The USSR was easier.

cordially,
"Die Welt ist alles, was der Fall ist."
New Well Viega, the problem with hoover being a crossdresser
and being named after a vacuum cleaner musta rankled. As far as rankling the rankled and filed, the idea that the anti christ is burrowing into our society via the ACLU and the New York Times will ensure that Islamisism will never become as mainstream as 7th day adventists, and the backlash when guv et al attempt to disarm us in case we might turn muslim will keep the nation safe for a wee while,
thanx,
bill
will work for cash and other incentives [link|http://home.tampabay.rr.com/boxley/resume/Resume.html|skill set]

questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]

Carpe Dieu
New in some desperation
...I ran your response through babelfish a few times. The most recent output doesn't seem markedly more senseless than your original:
And the name one baptizes musta rises the diode lichtemittierende vacuum cleaner. Until rankling the rise does not modify the diode classification lichtemittierende and?? in our guaranteed company in ACLU and at the time of new Yorks its this idea Islamisism Christian never and the tradition appears like adventists 7\ufffdmes before the day, with you play the teeth of cut, if guv and the people try us to relieve arm, if we should be turned in LageSIND, by Muselmanen maintenance safety country one, inside.
cordially,
New Re: in some desperation
You're not listening.

The people who have lived close to the Earth have a way of talking, and you need to listen to it, because they have heard things that you have not, and they hear more.
-drl
New Another eerie LRPDism this page view:
"Your ears are broken."

cordially,
New And I thought you were well read :(
Well Viega, the problem with hoover being a crossdresser
and being named after a vacuum cleaner musta rankled.

Herbert Hoover ex director of the FBI has certain parties claiming he was a cross dresser. A hoover is a vacuum cleaner sold in many stores across the nation. Many cross dressers like to engage in sucking penises which is how a vacuum cleaner picks up the dirt. Hoover might not have enjoyed being thought of that way. So he was rankled.(fancy word for being annoyed)
As far as rankling the rankled and filed, the idea that the anti christ is burrowing into our society via the ACLU and the New York Times will ensure that Islamisism will never become as mainstream as 7th day adventists, and the backlash when guv et al attempt to disarm us in case we might turn muslim will keep the nation safe for a wee while,
Taking the thought of Hoover head of the FBI being rankled, we create a verb rankling much like annoyed/annoying "rankled and filed" is extending the rankled mention to a pun on rank and file. Rank and file denoted regular folks in the english common language. So now we have the FBI annoy ing the regular folks but the idea of Islamisism taking over America is not on the list of things that preachers in the evangelical churches are worried about.(the rank and file regular folks) they are concerned about the anti christ and his organs, the ACLU and the New York Times. Visit one of these interesting places next Sunday you will learn lots of neat stuff. The backlash refers to these same regular folks who voted heavily for Herr Bush in the last election. His support of extending the so called "assault" weapon ban has these folks very upset. Damn near upset enought to vote democrat or third party. If this happens in the next election cycle America will be safe for a while.

Writing can be art, you prefer paint by the numbers, I prefer abstractions.
thanx,
bill
will work for cash and other incentives [link|http://home.tampabay.rr.com/boxley/resume/Resume.html|skill set]

Carpe Dieu
New Re: And I thought you were well read :(
My dear boxter, the elements you cite are all familiar to me, and your exegesis is at least plausible, but whenever the ungovernable urge to attempt to tease meaning forth from labyrinthine prose seizes me, my first impulse will generally be to thumb through Finnegans Wake, not to consult your latest riff in iwethey.

cordially,
New :) to be put in the same class, thank you:)

Carpe Dieu
New rejoyce, then.
New Good reminder - time for sending some $ to ACLU: Busy Lads
and Lassies in the land and times of the PATRIOT -n infinite series. Pay them now -?- or your \ufffdbergruppenf\ufffdhrer..

Later.
New Re: another reason I miss the old USSR
I used to argue with my Dad. Don't worry Dad, I'd say - the thing will die of its own accord. There is no need to contain it - the real danger is that we will become what they are. And he would just shrug.

-drl
     another reason I miss the old USSR - (rcareaga) - (10)
         Well Viega, the problem with hoover being a crossdresser - (boxley) - (8)
             in some desperation - (rcareaga) - (7)
                 Re: in some desperation - (deSitter) - (1)
                     Another eerie LRPDism this page view: - (rcareaga)
                 And I thought you were well read :( - (boxley) - (4)
                     Re: And I thought you were well read :( - (rcareaga) - (2)
                         :) to be put in the same class, thank you:) -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                             rejoyce, then. -NT - (rcareaga)
                     Good reminder - time for sending some $ to ACLU: Busy Lads - (Ashton)
         Re: another reason I miss the old USSR - (deSitter)

Give it up for the beast with the plan... the one, the only... B-B-B-B-BOOGIE MAN!!
56 ms