IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New CGI and scripted HTML in Apache.
I'm closer than ever with my dynamic scripting code, but I've hit a peculiar problem with Apache's #exec virtual directive. It doesn't create quite the same CGI environment as Apache's normal CGI invocation does.

While this in and of itself is probably desirable, the actual problem is that mishandles the SCRIPT_NAME environment variable. Under normal CGI invocation, you can call a CGI script as /server/cgi-bin/script/extra/path?parameters&start&here and the bit /extra/path lands in PATH_INFO while SCRIPT_NAME contains /cgi-bin/script. The #exec virtual directive, however, forgets to strip the contents of PATH_INFO off the end of SCRIPT_NAME.

Anyone else seen this problem?

Wade.

"All around me are nothing but fakes
Come with me on the biggest fake of all!"

New re: extra junk
I always end up getting extra crap from such server variables. (At least in MS crap).

I just parse it off and move on. (Perhaps working with Microcrap creates that attitude?). Do you have access to regex API's?

Fortunately, I've found a way around it that requires no reliance on SCRIPT_NAME.

Wade.

New I would check the documentation
If there is a good reason for it, it may be documented.

Otherwise I would look at the changelogs for recent releases and see if there was something that looked like that which was fixed.

If that isn't the case, then report it as a bug to the apache folks. (With patch if you feel up to trying.)

Cheers,
Ben
New Changelogs. Good idea.
I'll see what I can find.

Wade.

CGI and scripted HTML in Apache. - (static) - (4)
         re: extra junk - (tablizer) - (1)
             That's not the problem. - (static)
         I would check the documentation - (ben_tilly) - (1)
             Changelogs. Good idea. - (static)

The natural enemy of the tightrope walker is the common bee.
38 ms