IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Outstanding article on the state of computer science.
Well, not the [link|http://www.sciencemag.org/feature/data/compsci/index.shtml#quantum|article] so much as the collection of links that supplement it.

Today, the future seems as wide open as the most speculative possibilities -- from computers that run on a cup of water, to portals that take you, in the comfort of your living room, to every telescope on the ground or in space. Science's 14 September 2001 special issue takes a look at some of those posibilities, particularly those that are reshaping the ways scientists communicate and work. This online supplement presents links to resources, laboratories, libraries, and other interesting Web sites pertaining to the major themes of this special issue.
-endquote
"Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one."

--Thomas Jefferson
New Quantum computing..
All I can say about the phenom, if it is.. more than an abstract bad-acid trip?

If we haven't grokked enough yet (?) about the poverty of accumulating infinite amounts of data, calling that collection 'information' and - saying that the result is now 'knowledge' - well..

I guess it will keep a few folk off the streets, as we add more and more random factoids to larger and larger storage - finally 'knowing' everything about nothingness.

(I'd prefer work began on the anti-nuke: imploded anywhere near a nuclear detonation - it cancels; net Energy change = 0 -- the noise-cancelling headset for us all ;-)

..but I digress..

A.
     Outstanding article on the state of computer science. - (Silverlock) - (1)
         Quantum computing.. - (Ashton)

Just the facts, ma'am.
31 ms