IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New FD?
Light isn't a 'force', is it?

*grin*

Does gravity escape the mass it's associated with?

"one travels thru space-time, while the other distorts it"

So... Is the propagation of gravity under quantum theory the problem, then? Explanations might be more complicated, there - and, of course, (from me) might be wrong.

Imric's Tips for Living
  • Paranoia Is a Survival Trait
  • Pessimists are never disappointed - but sometimes, if they are very lucky, they can be pleasantly surprised...
  • Even though everyone is out to get you, it doesn't matter unless you let them win.
New Oh yes!
Recall the solar sails for populating alpha Centauri with telemarketers? (Now as to how much of the expected energy was to come from particulate 'solar wind' leftovers and how much from photovoltaics..) but still E=h\ufffd(nu) - no?

Vaguely recall someone calculating the force from sunlight on our little ball.. kinda numbers I wouldn't even put in cache.

A.
New Yabut
That's mass escaping the sun, not gravity escaping mass....

Imric's Tips for Living
  • Paranoia Is a Survival Trait
  • Pessimists are never disappointed - but sometimes, if they are very lucky, they can be pleasantly surprised...
  • Even though everyone is out to get you, it doesn't matter unless you let them win.
New "Concepts of Force" by Max Jammer -
A book I have somewhere, but never got around to wading through. When one looks *very* closely, most of our concepts of 'energy', its 'conservation' etc. get pretty sticky, much as the Compton effect, matter / antimatter annihilation all seem to reduce the entire pile of stuff to,

Energy=Mass=Energy= which would you like today, sir?

So all I can say about 'force' is, some measure it in dynes. And to do the solar wind thing? don't see how gravitation (well, except for the local stuff around Sol) is more than a slingshot for KE and.. F=MA. (if gadget is accelerating (compared to Sol) - energy Was added!)

But as Feynmann's dad 'explained' to the kid about inertia, after the wonderful ball-in-a-wagon experiment - nobody knows 'why' !!

Me neither,

A.
     Science Fiction - (imric) - (8)
         I hate it when people use those as "opposites". - (CRConrad) - (2)
             True... - (imric) - (1)
                 OK, then... But just this once! -NT - (CRConrad)
         One thing I never got - (tablizer) - (4)
             FD? - (imric) - (3)
                 Oh yes! - (Ashton) - (2)
                     Yabut - (imric) - (1)
                         "Concepts of Force" by Max Jammer - - (Ashton)

Mandatory cayenne enemas would have the same effect.
97 ms