IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New hehe.
6 bedrooms, 5 living rooms (!), one dining room, one kitchen, 2 bathrooms, and one weird undefined room at the front of the second floor. And an attic and a basement. 2700 square feet of living space.

The closets are abysmally small, though. And the bedrooms, aren't too big either, though they are larger than most bedrooms I've seen in Victorian style houses.

Oh, and there are tin ceilings in four of the rooms. Which people seem impressed by, though I don't know why, since they've been painted over and look pretty much like all the other ceilings in the house.

"We are all born originals -- why is it so many of us die copies?"
- Edward Young
New Sounds like a dream frat-house, actually.
I would guess that wired undefined room could be called a Drawing Room, or an Upstairs Parlour.

If you can put up a simple diagram of the layout somewhere we can comment on what we think each room is. :-)

Wade.

Is it enough to love
Is it enough to breathe
Somebody rip my heart out
And leave me here to bleed

Is it enough to die
Somebody save my life
I'd rather be Anything but Ordinary
Please

-- "Anything but Ordinary" by Avril Lavigne.

New Oh, I have a "virtual tour" :)
I didn't post it here, because I'm not so old that I say to my friends "come here and watch my slideshow!" :D

[link|http://dtcweb.com/house|http://dtcweb.com/house]
- Edward Young
New Re: Oh, I have a "virtual tour" :)
Sweet--lots of potential (once, as you say, their clutter is replaced by your clutter). How many are you, to fill all these rooms, if it's not impertinent to ask?

cordially,
"Die Welt ist alles, was der Fall ist."
New Not impertinent
At the moment there are only two of us, but we are planning on having "the kids." And I need some rooms set aside for an office and home recording studio. (well, not need, but it would make my life easier). And we still need guest rooms. Truth told, we'll have no problem using all that space.
- Edward Young
New new things to learn, zone valves stair avoidance, looks good
will work for cash and other incentives [link|http://home.tampabay.rr.com/boxley/resume/Resume.html|skill set]

questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]

Since corporations are the equivelent of human but they have no "concience" they are by definition sociopaths
New "Possessions will fit any available space"? :-)

Is it enough to love
Is it enough to breathe

Is it enough to die
Somebody save my life
Please

New Nice tour!
I had an oil fired furnace as well when I lived in that area. It also served to make the hot water using what was called a "coil". In effect cold water went through a copper coil which was immersed in hot water that is used for heat. We had hard water (i.e. had some calcium and manganese salts in the water) which would over time cake on the inside of that coil making the heat transfer inefficient. Every few years we paid to get the pipe cleaned by running acid through it. Eventually we got smart and got a water softener.

Anyway, oil fired furnaces require electricity to run for controls, fuel injector, igniter, zone valves, as well as the circulating pump for the hot water that runs through the radiators. So if you lose power your heating is dead. You can, of course, get a generator backup. The electric power in that neck of the woods is much more reliable than it has been for me in North Carolina. In any year I get as many failures as I had in 14 years in upstate New York.
Alex

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction. -- Blaise Pascal (1623-1662)
New Hey, not bad.
That odd room you mentioned looks like a solarum or something. And a wide-angle lens (like 20mm or something) would have been Very Useful :-).

Wade.

Is it enough to love
Is it enough to breathe

Is it enough to die
Somebody save my life
Please

New Chris...
That house BEGS... for a good clean-up... The White TRIM is AWESOME though...

The "Ornate" wall-paper you speak of... is just a bit to strong.

When the house was built, I am sure it had similar, but less strong colors... I am sure MOST of the house has Hardwood floors in it.

Awesome HOUSE... /me jealous as all get out.
b4k4^2
[link|mailto:curley95@attbi.com|greg] - IT Grand-Master for President
[link|http://www.iwethey.org/ed_curry/|REMEMBER ED CURRY!]
[link|http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,3959,857673,00.asp|2004, the year Microsoft develops for Linux ]
Heimatland Geheime Staatspolizei reminds:
The DHS [link|http://www.whitehouse.gov/pcipb/cyberspace_strategy.pdf|Cyberer-Stratergery]. The ultimate in Cyber.
New There will be cleaning up :)
at first, however, I think we're just going to put up with all the wallpaper and deal with things like loose railings, stuck windows, etc.

- Edward Young
     Doing my part for the economy - (cwbrenn) - (50)
         *cheer* -NT - (imric)
         14 rooms, lets all go to Albany for vacation! luck -NT - (boxley) - (15)
             Half are closets ;-) - (jbrabeck) - (14)
                 hehe. - (cwbrenn) - (10)
                     Sounds like a dream frat-house, actually. - (static) - (9)
                         Oh, I have a "virtual tour" :) - (cwbrenn) - (8)
                             Re: Oh, I have a "virtual tour" :) - (rcareaga) - (3)
                                 Not impertinent - (cwbrenn) - (2)
                                     new things to learn, zone valves stair avoidance, looks good -NT - (boxley)
                                     "Possessions will fit any available space"? :-) -NT - (static)
                             Nice tour! - (a6l6e6x)
                             Hey, not bad. - (static)
                             Chris... - (folkert) - (1)
                                 There will be cleaning up :) - (cwbrenn)
                 Don't be stupid - (tuberculosis) - (2)
                     recovering old house victim? - (rcareaga) - (1)
                         Old stuff lasts longer... - (kmself)
         Wow, envy! - (deSitter) - (3)
             Err...Ross... - (jb4) - (2)
                 Haven't seen Spinal Tap Yet :/ - (deSitter) - (1)
                     It's a LPRDism too. No excuses. ;-) -NT - (Another Scott)
         A friend used to call that inserting a needle attached to... - (a6l6e6x) - (28)
             House already inspected - (cwbrenn) - (27)
                 Good to know - (Silverlock)
                 Very good! Good luck with it! -NT - (a6l6e6x)
                 Re: House already inspected - (deSitter) - (3)
                     we'll have plenty of room to put you up :) - (cwbrenn) - (2)
                         I'll be in Albany June 20something - (Steve Lowe) - (1)
                             That'd be cool. - (cwbrenn)
                 This seems like perhaps the best place to put these... - (CRConrad) - (20)
                     various replies - (cwbrenn) - (19)
                         air wrench - (boxley) - (17)
                             Especially since, at 25 below zero... - (CRConrad) - (16)
                                 How exactly do you check them? - (cwbrenn) - (15)
                                     There's a little valve usually near the top - (jake123)
                                     If there IS any air in there in the first place... - (CRConrad) - (13)
                                         Thanks to both! - (cwbrenn) - (12)
                                             pipes wont freeze if they are running - (boxley) - (11)
                                                 Good reminder, Box - (Ashton)
                                                 Also, hot water lines freeze first. - (Another Scott) - (6)
                                                     cheap science experiment - (boxley) - (1)
                                                         It's different in pipes apparently. - (Another Scott)
                                                     Umm a typo, I think - (Ashton) - (3)
                                                         Yabut. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                                             Heh.. F=\ufffdN - (Ashton)
                                                         as far as antifreeze goes - (boxley)
                                                 But that doesn't help for *these* pipes. - (CRConrad) - (2)
                                                     No tanks in the attic - (cwbrenn) - (1)
                                                         Well.. unless one lives in Iraq___:-) - (Ashton)
                         Kewl, thanks. -NT - (CRConrad)

Maybe this is what seafood will do in a thousand years.
139 ms