IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New scorched earth/common ground
This evening seems like a good point to consolidate, reconsider, and see whether we can arrive at some conclusions that most of us can agree upon anent the late conflict. I'm assuming that "most of us" will likely exclude the small faction--marlowe and cybermace5--given to employing terms like "Saddam-lover" and also those at the opposite end such as God/Brandioch, who sees every exchange in terms of a WWF contest. For the rest of us, I wonder whether, as the main battle concludes, there are issues upon which we may concur, such as Saddam Hussein Was a Bad Character, or It Is a Good Thing That the Conflict Concluded Sooner with Fewer Casualties than Later with More. These postulates may seem self-evident to each side, but perhaps were we to convey our common positions to one another this might serve to point to other terrains we actually occupy in common while imagining ourselves estranged from one another?

cordially,
"Die Welt ist alles, was der Fall ist."
New well viega I am concerned, the butchers bill was low
Although I will admit in Gulf war 1 I also expected a higher cost. Mr. Murphy appeared early in the conflict and steady hands kept him to a minimum. I also recall a screed by an Israeli General who remembered the Shia's putting flowers in the gun barrels of Israeli folks on moving into Lebanon and then quickly turned into hezzbalah when they didnt move along quick enough. I am not calling the fat lady out yet as Tikrit a hotbed of Sadaamist cousins who may hold a pile of war crimes folks who dont have the wherewithall to bribe out. We need to invite a Shiite Mullah in Iraq who never left to the table and also request Iranian red cresent aid as soon as possible. This will defuse the Iranian fear of next. Tell them armed folks are not needed but co-religionists are welcome in Basra. Kurds need to solidify gains in the North with autonomy not independance as the order of the day. Syria needs to be reined in hard, Not by agression but by clandistine means to tell the authorities to figure out what part of free labanon they dont understand. At the same time we must state that the current patchwork of independant PA cities surrounded by Israeli owned onclaves must be bypassed in favor of a contiguous PA state with full sovreignty with a stark warning that a future gains sought by terror or war will result in new permanent borders determined by the holder of disputed lands. On the home front I expect a party of either the demos or repos to repudiate the attack on americas freedoms with full force. Its not the economy stupid is the constitutional rights we enjoy as Americans. Osama wins if the patriot act becomes permanent. We might as well all start to learn french. Appreciate the opportunity for a general rant. Like Blutarski I get on a roll every now and again.
thanx,
bill
will work for cash and other incentives [link|http://home.tampabay.rr.com/boxley/resume/Resume.html|skill set]

questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]

Since corporations are the equivelent of human but they have no "concience" they are by definition sociopaths
New I'll start with this
(on Saddam's statues meeting the tarmac):
I met a traveller from an antique land
Who said: Two vast and trunkless legs of stone
Stand in the desert. Near them, on the sand,
Half sunk, a shattered visage lies, whose frown,
And wrinkled lip, and sneer of cold command,
Tell that its sculptor well those passions read
Which yet survive, stamped on these lifeless things.
The hand that mocked them and the heart that fed.
And on the pedestal these words appear:
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

cordially,
"Die Welt ist alles, was der Fall ist."
New Thank you. Very apropos.
New Will see Percy and raise CXVI
Let me not to the marriage of true minds

Admit impediments. Love is not love

Which alters when it alteration finds,

Or bends with the remover to remove:

O no! it is an ever-fixed mark

That looks on tempests and is never shaken;

It is the star to every wandering bark,

Whose worth's unknown, although his height be taken.

Love's not Time's fool, though rosy lips and cheeks

Within his bending sickle's compass come:

Love alters not with his brief hours and weeks,

But bears it out even to the edge of doom.

If this be error and upon me proved,

I never writ, nor no man ever loved.

William Shakespeare

(The only possible antidote to a megaton of religio-cant.. I see about to invade the ME horizon from infinite pious directions. Also, Please! NO MISSIONARIES. Nada. Zippo. Meddle in a desert somewhere Else. One can always hope.)

Edit: Bysshe
United we stand
Divided we dominate the planet without really trying
mike huber 7/02
Expand Edited by Ashton April 10, 2003, 06:07:49 AM EDT
New Once again, Comedy Central has the best political commentary
On last night's Daily Show, Jon Stewart (the host) said:
Anyone who sees the celebrations and obvious relief, and doesn't feel even a little joy that we seem to have done some good, is hopelessly lost to the partisan leftist extreme. And anyone who isn't at least a little sad at the fact that we had to use force at all, is hopelessly lost to the partisan extremes of the right. Anyone in those groups, you can leave the room. The rest of us want to talk.
===

Implicitly condoning stupidity since 2001.
New Well stated.
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
     scorched earth/common ground - (rcareaga) - (6)
         well viega I am concerned, the butchers bill was low - (boxley)
         I'll start with this - (rcareaga) - (2)
             Thank you. Very apropos. -NT - (cybermace5)
             Will see Percy and raise CXVI - (Ashton)
         Once again, Comedy Central has the best political commentary - (drewk) - (1)
             Well stated. -NT - (admin)

Jabber is not a command line!
47 ms