IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New We have nothing to fear but...
fear itself. And the bogeyman.

I'm affraid that I have to agree that there is a very real possibility that we may have another Yugoslavia (remember the big country that now is five or six divided among ethnic and religious lines) if the US/UN does not strongly discourage it. It gets even messier when we talk about Kurds and Sunnis. It would affect both Iran and Turkey.

Rethinking this whole thing, the British drew the lines the last time, why can't they redraw them now? Maybe cut out a bit of Syria and Jordan for a Palestine?

Kidding aside, there will be very difficult decisions made by the Iraqi people soon. As for the fear of Muslim elements throughout the region, let's hope the speed and efficiency with which our military dispensed the third world regimes in Afghanistan and Iraq will dissuade them for a while until we give a free Iraq a chance to work. The Islamic people, even the fundamentalists, are not stupid. I think enough soldiers in Iraq chose to "live to fight another day" over martyrdom to give us hope.

We (the US) just has to do the right thing now. Repairation, interim gov with police, ensure democratic elections, walk away and tell them to give us a call if they need us.
Just a few thoughts,

Screamer

Living is easy with eyes closed
misunderstanding all you see,
it's getting hard to be someone but it all works out
it doesn't matter much to me

J. Lennon - Strawberry Fields Forever
New Ummm.. Afghanistan 'dispatched'?
Hmmm - that word has many connotations...

It's new 'government' persists solely in US-guarded enclaves; business as usual with the warlords everywhere else. Neglected by the alawful Washington Cabal since the glow came off of that pumpkin,

Our CIEIO, who ran on the platform, "NO NATION BUILDING" - has been true to (that word, anyway).

A military campaign .. can 'brilliance' be ascribed to the outcome when a sledgehammer nails a gnat? .. a military campaign is supremely logical, with the usual branches and the occasional forks.

NATION BUILDING OTOH, managed by an ex-Texas Governor whose every move was scripted by Karl Rove: tell me please Dan, about the brilliance we are apt next to see unfold?

Thankyouverymuch,

Resident Curmudegeon LLC
     Worth restating here and now - (screamer) - (12)
         Very interesting times ahead. -NT - (cybermace5)
         I think it's a wonderful concept... - (Simon_Jester) - (5)
             Nit: majority in Iraq is Shia, not Sunni. - (admin) - (2)
                 Thank you for the nit... - (Simon_Jester) - (1)
                     Re: Thank you for the nit... - (admin)
             We have nothing to fear but... - (screamer) - (1)
                 Ummm.. Afghanistan 'dispatched'? - (Ashton)
         How nice it must be to view the world through CNN's glasses. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
             You obviously have some type of point? - (screamer)
         The points you make are very valid ones - (dmarker) - (2)
             Extremely excellent summary... - (screamer) - (1)
                 I also support your Bush perspective in that ... - (dmarker)

It'll be gradual, but faster than you expect. One day it won't be there, and the next day you'll be surprised at just how fast it still isn't.
67 ms