IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New As I said...
I figure if I\ufffdm going to serve my country, I\ufffdll do it on top of the ugliest plane ever to grace the sky, the 30mm rotary cannon with wings, the A-10 Warthog

Like you'd get your choice of assignment if you joined.

Yeah, but let me dream a little dream... ^_^

We\ufffdll posture and pose, and in the end, we\ufffdll come out of it, thousands of U.S. soldiers dead, and not much will have changed

Could be, but my biggest fear is that this will utimately escalate into an "Islam vs West"

...not much will have changed.
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche
New Beware of facile statements
It is easy to say now that, "Not much will have changed" if it becomes Islam versus West.

It will be much harder to say that if the US and many allies are in open long-term warfare with a half-dozen Middle-East countries.

You never know what you have until you lose it...

Cheers,
Ben
New I know.
I guess what I should have been clearer about is not that we might lose that which we have now, but rather that the seeds for the next cycle of violence will be sown in our current war, unless we wise up to our problems.

As I was explaining to my roommate, this is not about the impact that our actions today will have three to five years down the road, but three hundred to five hundred years down the road.

"No greater love has a man than he who would give up his own life so that those that he will never meet shall not only have life, but freedom as well." - Me.
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche
New Same Pattern as Cold War?
>> if it becomes Islam versus West. <<

Just like MS and before them IBM, perhaps there is a certain pattern that global politics falls/shifts into on its own: freedom vs. forced-idealism. We had it with the Soviets, and now perhaps with religion extremism. The Soviets used Marxist doctrine as an excuse, and now they will be using (misquoted) Koran as the excuse.

People perhaps WANT a boogy-man, and they gravitate toward it, one way or another.

We better get de-hooked from oil.

Some people just don't want to live with the rest of the world
Jay O'Connor

"Going places unmapped
to do things unplanned
to people unsuspecting"
New Possibly from deep introspection and finding there, much
to despise: and presuming that everyone else must be -

(my theory)
     A different kind of war. - (inthane-chan) - (8)
         Re: A different kind of war. - (Fearless Freep) - (6)
             As I said... - (inthane-chan) - (5)
                 Beware of facile statements - (ben_tilly) - (4)
                     I know. - (inthane-chan)
                     Same Pattern as Cold War? - (tablizer) - (2)
                         The pattern that keeps coming to mind... - (Fearless Freep) - (1)
                             Possibly from deep introspection and finding there, much - (Ashton)
         Like the apology but in the wrong place - (boxley)

We don't suck.
77 ms