IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Trying to Update NT 4.0, fails without using another system
NT 4.0 Server includes IE 2.0, which doesn't work with the latest Windows Update. I tried to download IE 6.0 SP1, but the link was broken for the download. I got the 479K IE 6.0 SP1 setup file from another machine, but it needs NT 4.0 SP6a installed. I went to download it on IE 2.0, but had another broken link, then I found another page that uses Javascript to start the download, only it was broken under IE 2.0, d'oh!

Downloading SP6a on my 98 machine using Mozilla. I'll burn a CDR when it is done.

It seems like Microsoft has gone out of their way to make it hard to upgrade a stock NT 4.0 machine unless you have the files on disk already from another machine.

A have a friend who wants to use NT 4.0 for his web server, so I am using it on a spare system of mine to see what kind of update mess it will have to get it working. He insists on using NT 4.0, because he is comfortable with it and he has a license for it. Looks like I'll be burning a CDR disk for him to do the updates from. I don't see how he can do the updates from a standard NT 4.0 install.

"Bill gates cannot guarantee Windows, so how are you going to guarantee my safety?"
-John Crichton to the Emperor of the Scarrans on [link|http://www.farscape.com|FarScape]
New A few weeks ago I faced the NT 4.0 browser problem . .
. . at a client site. Since Microsoft's site won't allow the version of Internet Explorer that comes with NT 4.0, I just installed Mozilla and used that to download the Internet Explorer 6.x installer. Running the installer started the full download and installation.
[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
     Trying to Update NT 4.0, fails without using another system - (orion) - (1)
         A few weeks ago I faced the NT 4.0 browser problem . . - (Andrew Grygus)

Doh! Wrong button, Scott!
53 ms