IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New It takes a racist to know one? WTF?
bcnu,
Mikem

Osama bin Laden's brother could fly in US airspace 9/15/01, but I had to wait for FBI and CIA background checks, 'nuff said?
New Your "editorial comments" in the post...
...were the first mention of "race" in the thread. And not a very nice one.

Its not a "takes one to know one" issue...but being quick to judge others is certainly a sign of the disease.
If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. Fudd's First Law of Opposition

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
New That, my dear fellow, was an observation.
Look at the medja attention this is getting. I understand that at time of war nationalistic hysteria is the rule of the day. But tell me, do you really think PFC Lynch would be getting all the attention she's getting if she weren't lily white, blonde, pretty, etc.?

It is almost fairy tale material, "The fair maid rescued by the handsome prince(s)." You know the name/face/home/parents/etc. of PFC Lynch. But how many Black female POW's are there? Name any of them (now don't cheat and google).
bcnu,
Mikem

Osama bin Laden's brother could fly in US airspace 9/15/01, but I had to wait for FBI and CIA background checks, 'nuff said?
New I didn't know her name either.
I haven't been memorizing the "killed or captured" lists.

And yes, I think that a rescue of >any< of the POWs would have received this media attention. Even the black females...of which...to my knowledge...there was one.

Your "observation" is tainted by race. My "observation" is that the press corps is starving for stories so that they can keep the 24/7 coverage going between custom graphics and commercials. They could've rescued Gumbi (damnit) and it would've received this level of attention.
If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. Fudd's First Law of Opposition

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
     Sky News: They're still killing children - (marlowe) - (7)
         Yo, DRL? - (marlowe) - (6)
             You complainin' cuz they might be better at it than us? - (mmoffitt) - (5)
                 You a racist? - (bepatient) - (4)
                     It takes a racist to know one? WTF? -NT - (mmoffitt) - (3)
                         Your "editorial comments" in the post... - (bepatient) - (2)
                             That, my dear fellow, was an observation. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                 I didn't know her name either. - (bepatient)

This sort of marketing only works with clothes, oddly enough.
36 ms