IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Policy change WRT hijacking
IMO the single step that would make the most significant change in future such attempts would be to treat all hijackings as acts of war.

The current policy is one of placating the hijacker and minimizing on-flight casualties.

The implications of the current incidents are that a hijacking be treated as an act of war, and a clear and present danger to civilian, industrial, military, and government sites. The objectives of flight crews and/or passengers must be to neutralize the hijackers. If this cannot be accomplished, the flight must be diverted. If this cannot be done, it must be destroyed.

It's not a happy picture.

Peace.
--
Karsten M. Self [link|mailto:kmself@ix.netcom.com|kmself@ix.netcom.com]

What part of "gestalt" don't you understand?
New Touched on it in a different topic
If I am on a plane and someone tries to take control of it, I would rather take a knife or a bullet than permit the plane to be used as a weapon. Those people at JFK (when the authorities raided the plane) Friday thought the same and at least one was out of his seat when the SWAT team moved in.

The face of attempted hijacking has changed forever.
Remember flight 93. Rest in peace, Jeremy, Mark, and whoever else helped bring the plane down.
New I'd say that policy changed de facto on Tuesday.
Which I think means too - however many trained ones are still around, hoping to die and get the virgins: it will take in any next.. lots more armament than knives, to do this even once more (?)

But as several have noted, the best next tactic would be - something completely different [no pun intended]. I wouldn't even want to mention.. the many obvious, diabolical acts possible. (And I hope some ninny website doesn't start doing such, to show how clever the author is. Stifle it.)

A.
New Zippin' my mouth.
I've got a whole host of ideas, but they won't be able to get them out of me.
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche
     Steps Toward A Solution - (gdaustin) - (15)
         One disagreement - (wharris2) - (6)
             Re: One disagreement - (gdaustin) - (1)
                 I know about that damn 10,000 tracking - (wharris2)
             One Other Point, A Big One - (gdaustin) - (3)
                 Point of question - (wharris2) - (1)
                     Re: Point of question - (gdaustin)
                 I have crap credit - (boxley)
         Just out of curosity... - (hnick) - (1)
             We resist this 'creeping gradualism' or, - (Ashton)
         Policy change WRT hijacking - (kmself) - (3)
             Touched on it in a different topic - (wharris2)
             I'd say that policy changed de facto on Tuesday. - (Ashton) - (1)
                 Zippin' my mouth. - (inthane-chan)
         Pilots' union changes hijacker protocol - (altmann) - (1)
             that change is likely - (Simon_Jester)

I made you eggs. Straight from my womb to your plate!
73 ms