IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Some quotes.
In January 1998, Wolfowitz joined other neoconservatives in signing a letter to Clinton arguing that "containment" of Saddam had failed and asserting that "removing Saddam Hussein and his regime from power ... needs to become the aim of American foreign policy." In a prescient note, the letter said, "American policy cannot continue to be crippled by a misguided insistence on unanimity in the U.N. Security Council."
This isn't about "unanimity". In this action, we are in the minority.

Cheney had been charged with developing a policy on homeland security in response to asymmetric threats, which meant that Iraq's continued possession of WMDs was a problem that landed on his desk. In morning intelligence briefings, says a former Administration official, the Vice President began to raise questions about Saddam's regime.
None found, none used, yet Iraq's "possession" of them is a problem.

Cheney and others, says the official, would say things like, "Tell me about Iraq, tell me about Iraq, tell me about Iraq. What's the status of their WMDs? What's their support of terrorism?" When senior members of the intelligence community answered that they had little new information on Iraq--no smoking guns on WMDs or terrorism--the message would come back: "Try harder. Need to know more." In an interview with the New Yorker in May 2001, Cheney in two sentences linked North Korea, Iran and Iraq--the three countries that were later immortalized as the "axis of evil"--as threats to American security. Cheney still didn't buy into the whole neoconservative analysis.
Again, the "facts" are already "known".

All that is required is to dig up the substantiation for those "facts".

And the article continues on.

No questioning whether the "facts" used to "justify" this "war" are correct or not.

Just pure hero worship.
New As I said, I don't agree...
I simply thought the explanations of each players "motivation" was interesting.
"We are all born originals -- why is it so many of us die copies?"
- Edward Young
     A fairly hawkish article - (cwbrenn) - (4)
         Some quotes. - (Brandioch) - (1)
             As I said, I don't agree... - (cwbrenn)
         article has a gaping & blatant flaw in it (mis info?) - (dmarker) - (1)
             Didn't know that - (cwbrenn)

Sanctioned by GRR.
63 ms