IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Yeah, I was thinking Access had a TSQL-like Case statement.
I'm almost sure they did, but the last time I wrote an Access report was 1998 with Access 97. I don't have a copy installed (still doesn't run on Linux :-) but I'm almost sure there used to be a CASE access statement. And you're right, worked similar to Switch. Could be Switch (like in C) that I was thinking about, but I could swear it was CASE. Okay, now I'm gonna have to look it up.
bcnu,
Mikem

Osama bin Laden's brother could fly in US airspace 9/15/01, but I had to wait for FBI and CIA background checks, 'nuff said?
New IIRC the queries do support it.
But the Switch() function above is a VBScript function.
New Yes Access has a Case statement
I'm at home now and don't have Access loaded here. Work requirement so I taught myself how to get around in it last summer.

I've used the Case statement on events on forms.

Paradox still has the IIF([field]=x,true,false). To make it work as requested would have been IIF([Field]=1,"Yes",IIF(Field]=2,"No",IIF([Field]=9,"Unknown","Bad Value")))

I may have seen the IIF still in Access, but I'm not sure. The online help isn't a very good way to learn. Knowing OPAL helped cuz I knew that it could be done...

Oh well, still have my Paradox clients to program in a decent language.
[link|mailto:jbrabeck@attbi.com|Joe]
New Yeah, I remember IIF in Access.
But it gets hard as hell to read if you're doing more than 2 or 3 checks. IIRC, that's when I looked up the CASE Access statement.
bcnu,
Mikem

Osama bin Laden's brother could fly in US airspace 9/15/01, but I had to wait for FBI and CIA background checks, 'nuff said?
New DECODE would do it, if Access has it, that is.
I'm posting from home, not work, so I can't check. I've used Decode on Oracle, and RedBrick, so it's not some freaky single-vendor proprietary thing.
Maybe it's some freaky two-vendor proprietary thing :)
John. Busy lad.
New IIF, Case and Switch. No Decode
Back in the office. Just checked.
[link|mailto:jbrabeck@attbi.com|Joe]
     'nother Access question. - (acagle) - (23)
         Tools->Relationships - (bepatient)
         Try this - (jbrabeck) - (17)
             Perfect! Thanks! -NT - (acagle)
             Ooh...I like that... - (bepatient) - (15)
                 Guess I aint as bad as I thought! - (jbrabeck) - (14)
                     Been a while since I used Access, but. - (mmoffitt) - (10)
                         Case statement - (orion) - (9)
                             Not that one. - (mmoffitt) - (8)
                                 SQL construct - (ChrisR) - (7)
                                     Still there but only for two options -NT - (tseliot)
                                     Yeah, I was thinking Access had a TSQL-like Case statement. - (mmoffitt) - (5)
                                         IIRC the queries do support it. - (ChrisR)
                                         Yes Access has a Case statement - (jbrabeck) - (3)
                                             Yeah, I remember IIF in Access. - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                                                 DECODE would do it, if Access has it, that is. - (Meerkat) - (1)
                                                     IIF, Case and Switch. No Decode - (jbrabeck)
                     Yes you are. - (tseliot) - (2)
                         Agree, but... - (jbrabeck) - (1)
                             Then you have one of four choices - (tseliot)
         Okay, here's another one: - (acagle) - (1)
             ="A" & Chr(13) & Chr(10) & "B" - (ChrisR)
         Does the Tab key have any special meaning to it? - (acagle) - (1)
             Check the properties - (jbrabeck)

How depressing. Brain the size of a planet, and they have me opening doors.
57 ms