IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: WHAT A CROCK OF S***!
You think the U.S. military can suppress any and all images of Iraqi soldiers being taken captive?
New Well, first, they could
Journalists are "embedded". All they shoot goes throug military censure. So, if American commanders wanted to suppress those shots, they could.

That being said, there is a difference between showing a POW being searched and led away, and asking questions on screen from the people whose comarades are lying dead next door, with bullet holes displayed to fill entire screen.

The Rumsfield's little speach first struck me as hypocricy. But wneh I could actually compare what we've shown with the Iraqi film (disclaimer: haven't seen the film itself, just still shots and transcropts), I saw the difference.
--

It made Ketchup!
Sweet Ketchup!
Put it on a hot dog, put it on a burger,
Put it on your sister and she'll holler blody murder!
Sweet Ketchup.

--Tom Paxton.
New WELL SAID!
But really...could they suppress those photos? I mean...we'd never see a single picture of the war, since every one has a surrendering Iraqi in it somewhere! ;-)
New Re: Well, first, they could

There are 2 types of Journalist in the theatre - the 'embedded' ones & the others who have military passes granted by either Iraqi or 'Allied' authorities (how do you imagine the dead Brit crew got over the Kuwait Iraq border alongside the next wave of troops ??? - PS they got a pass).

I assume you also heard the words of the briefing commander who openly stated that the US was using psyops against the Iraqis & were broadcasting on Iraqi TV channels from a flying aircraft from which they were deliberately broadcasting the scenes of Iraqis surrendering & being detained.

Now someone here is being incredibly naive.

Doug M

AS for the comment by cyber* (whoever) re the Iraqis getting memos as to exactly what to do when surrendering - tell me sport, seriously, really, at what point do these Iraqis carry out the 'proceedure' ??? before or after they are shot at (and killed) ???. Also where do they carry it out, before they see US forces or after ???. Your post on that matter was indescribably naive (or your idea of being funny)

Spectres from our past: Beware the future when your children & theirs come after you for what you may have been willing to condone today - dsm 2003

Motivational: When performing activities, ask yourself if the person you most want to be would do, or say, it - dsm 2003
     Update from Oz - the shit hits the fan - (dmarker) - (14)
         camera team is being reported as hit by iraqi fire -NT - (boxley) - (3)
             In the US of course - did u see survivor interviewed ? - (dmarker) - (2)
                 Re: In the US of course - did u see survivor interviewed ? - (cybermace5) - (1)
                     My incredulity grows - (dmarker)
         My takeaway from this - (tuberculosis) - (2)
             Re: My takeaway from this - (deSitter) - (1)
                 In sand storms, sand cuts the prop blades. -NT - (mmoffitt)
         Re: Update from Oz - the shit hits the fan - (cybermace5) - (5)
             WHAT A CROCK OF S***! -NT - (dmarker) - (4)
                 Re: WHAT A CROCK OF S***! - (cybermace5) - (3)
                     Well, first, they could - (Arkadiy) - (2)
                         WELL SAID! - (cybermace5)
                         Re: Well, first, they could - (dmarker)
         One painfully obvious bit in there - (drewk)

bash#_
42 ms