IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Wrong reason
You see, our (American) demands for justice and revenge is just more bloodthirst brought about by our own selfishness, and our feelings that "dang it" we're the greatest military power in the world and NOONE does this to us.

When you find a snake in your yeard, you destroy the snake and the nest, not out of revenge or demands for justice, but simply to prevent any damage, or any more damage

When a dog attacks someone, you kill the dog, not out of revenge against the dog or that the dog 'deserves' it, but simply because the dog has shown itself not to be safe to be kept around humans or safe to be let loose

If bin Laden is behind this, then he and his organization, as deeply as possible down the chain of command, should be destroyed. Not for vengence, not for justice, not for bloodshed, but simply for self-defense. He has shown that it is too dangerous for the rest of the civilized world for him to be allowed to live; he has shown that negotiation, appeasement, and threats, are not sufficient motivations. He has shown that he is a rabid dog and no course of action is left but that he be put down
Jay O'Connor

"Going places unmapped
to do things unplanned
to people unsuspecting"
New It could very well be war.
Let's say for the sake of argument that we prove to our satisfaction that bin Laden directed it. Yes, we need to root out him and his organization as deeply and as thoroughly as humanly possible. However, we have the prospect of Afghanistan, Syria, Sudan, whoevre actively sheltering him and aiding him in his terrorism - do we let them alone? No. We deal with the government(s) and group(s) that have sheltered him in a similar manner - and that is war.
That no man should scruple, or hesitate a moment to use arms in defense of so valuable a blessing [as freedom], on which all the good and evil of life depends, is clearly my opinion; yet arms ... should be the last resource. - George Washington
New No denying it
I'm not denying that it shold be war, I think it should. Nations that give save haven to those that perform such acts shold be held culpable

My only point was that the desire to snuff bin Laden is not just desires for vengeance or bloodlust
Jay O'Connor

"Going places unmapped
to do things unplanned
to people unsuspecting"
New Are You Prepared to Die?
How about those great kids of yours?

The two things I think I'll remember forever out of watching the memorial service on TV at 12 EST, were the children and the old people.

The boys (and girls) choir that sang had kids not much older than my 6 year old. I'm having to tell him now that our world is a very dangerous place to live. He asks if terrorism (the bombs, the death) could happen in our town. Honestly, I want to lie and tell him no, and I try to rationalize it, but the sad truth is YES. If we engage in this war millions of people will die and American will no longer be the home of the free, only the brave. His innocence and the innocence of all those poor kids have been ripped from them. He now has to realize at a very young age that the world is an ugly dangerous place. These were lessons my parents didn't have to teach me until I was in my teens. And I'm very angry about that.

The other sight I'll remember forever was the looks on the faces of people over 70. They lived in the last great World War and sincerely hoped we would never have to face something of this magnitude in our lifetime. They are shocked that we would be attacked on our own soil. And yet, I feel that this is just the beginning. We have failed to put good airport/airline security in place (like Israel) and it will simply be a matter of weeks before we have another kamikaze commercial flight. If the terrorists can't hijack airline flights, then they'll try air freight, or even private planes loaded with explosives. Our freedoms are completely and totally under attack here, but the only response we can have is to voluntarily live with more resticted freedoms until terrorists decide it is futile to attack us. That is why WE are the target, and Israel is NOT. They have done their homework.

Be prepared to have kids die as schools, churches, big buildings, and even our water and transportation infrastructure is attacked.

My answer. Yes, I'm prepared to die. If I have to, I'll fly to Afghanistan, learn how to live as a Marine, and kill Arabs in large numbers if I have to, just to spare the lives of my 3 precious children. But, I don't want to sit here like an idiot and watch mommys and daddys and kids die by the thousands here in America. We haven't lived in that kind of uncertainty in over 100 years. (If you don't count Pearl Harbor and WW II.)

But remember also, the Afghanis love their children, too.

Glen Austin
     2 more possilbe attempts - (bepatient) - (38)
         2 had tickets dated from 9/11/01 - (brettj) - (1)
             ... from a plane that was grounded before take-off on 9/11 - (brettj)
         Do You Understand? - (gdaustin) - (35)
             I don't see it that way. - (brettj) - (8)
                 That's Why I Don't Like Calling It A War - (gdaustin) - (7)
                     Wrong reason - (Fearless Freep) - (3)
                         It could very well be war. - (wharris2) - (2)
                             No denying it - (Fearless Freep) - (1)
                                 Are You Prepared to Die? - (gdaustin)
                     It's not war - (kmself) - (2)
                         Continuing analogy - (wharris2) - (1)
                             Hey guys: I think you've Got It\ufffd - (Ashton)
             More than you know. - (bepatient) - (15)
                 Good answer. Hatred leads to evil. - (brettj) - (14)
                     Bad answer. - (wharris2) - (13)
                         Love the person, not their evil deeds. - NT -NT - (brettj)
                         Someone else said, "Be wise as serpents, harmless as doves" - (brettj) - (11)
                             We have to agree to disagree - (wharris2) - (9)
                                 Turning a cheek and defending oneself are 2 different things - (brettj) - (8)
                                     Sigh - (wharris2) - (6)
                                         Do you want justice or Vengence? - (brettj) - (3)
                                             Re: Do you want justice or Vengence? - (hnick) - (1)
                                                 You are right on target. - (brettj)
                                             Both. - (wharris2)
                                         Another thought: What do you think the terrorists expect?? - (brettj) - (1)
                                             Terrorists have seen "The Grinch who Stole Christmas" - (brettj)
                                     Doesn't say turn the cheek more than once... -NT - (hnick)
                             Only have the right to turn your own cheek - (mhuber)
             Yes, so I guess we'd better get on with it. - (Andrew Grygus) - (4)
                 The new Kristalnacht? - (inthane-chan) - (3)
                     Re: The new Kristalnacht? - (rsf)
                     I'm only as serious as they are. - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                         Deep down.. I hope you are right - (Ashton)
             No. - (addison) - (3)
                 Maslov's Hierarchy of Needs. - (brettj) - (2)
                     Each should help all the levels below . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                         I've never heard that answer before. - (brettj)
             Curious - (rsf)

Your LRPD God[tm] is HERE!
197 ms