IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Falwell explains
Falwell explains why this tragedy happened.

The ACLU's got to take a lot of blame for this...throwing God out successfully with the
help of the federal court system, throwing God out of the public square, out of the
schools. The abortionists have got to bear some burden for this because God will not
be mocked. And when we destroy 40 million little innocent babies, we make God
mad. I really believe that the pagans and the abortionists and the feminists and the
gays and the lesbians who are actively trying to make that an alternative lifestyle...all of
them who have tried to secularize America. I point the finger in their face and say, 'You
helped this happen.

Normally I just want to grab Falwell and hit him a few times, but this makes me want to do worse things to him.

Jay
New Not just Falwell...
It really disgusts me the number of people who are jumping on the WTC bombing to advance their favorite cause. Partison politics to budget talk to Clinton bashing, let's blame everyone but those who really did it.

I guess Falwell (and others) believe we should just forget about terrorists...they weren't responsible.
New lets not forget 100's of bogus contribution web sites :(
why did god give us a talleywhacker and a trigger finger if he didnt want us to use them?
Randy Wayne White
New What a moron
That no man should scruple, or hesitate a moment to use arms in defense of so valuable a blessing [as freedom], on which all the good and evil of life depends, is clearly my opinion; yet arms ... should be the last resource. - George Washington
New look at the bright side, many disgusted ex-followers
why did god give us a talleywhacker and a trigger finger if he didnt want us to use them?
Randy Wayne White
New Someone here said tragedy always brings out the best.
It also brings out the very worst in every hate monger, sleeze merchant, con man and fraud.

It just amplifies whatever was already there.
[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
New Point being missed
Falwell is not excusing the terrorists.

Falwell's point is that the terrorists are the tool that God is using to strike America for the moral falling of America. From his theology, this is not unprecedented. Read the Jewish scriptures and find many instances where God used the people around Isreal to punish ISreal, and call them to repentance, for ISreal's moral failings. The Babylonian captivity comes to mind. At now time where the enemies of Isreal ever justified or excused for their behavior, but God refused to protect Isreal from them due to their falling away from him

In Falwell's mind, their is a parallel; America is a country under God that has fallen from God and God has allowed us to be struck. This doesn't mean that the terrorists are justified or excused in their actions; but that this is a call to repentance, a call to turn back to God.

I don't agree with him, but neither do I find his statements irrational or inconsitant with his beliefs, nor self -serving.
Jay O'Connor

"Going places unmapped
to do things unplanned
to people unsuspecting"
New Point NOT being missed: he's one of *our* Terrorists.
(I put my comments about just one of his named Demons in, Religion)

[link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=9173|http://z.iwethey.or...ntentid=9173]

I don't agree with him, but neither do I find his statements irrational or inconsitant with his beliefs, nor self -serving.
Perhaps that is where language has failed us, or we have corrupted language - your use of the word irrational in its negation!

A further problem we have, which is less about language - is the idea that a personal 'Belief' exempts its carrier from responsibility! for advocacy of ~certain sorts of extreme actions; like advocating atrocities akin to, shouting Fire! in a crowded threatre BUT.. because a personal (idea of a) Deity is appended to the exhortation:

It's OK for this atrocity. (This while: I believe one White Supremacist group was successfully sued down to net-worth-0; after a pair of its acolytes stomped a black man to death in the NW, some years ago.)

Foulwell and his ilk have for decades been exhorting his followers (those Believers we hear so much about) to commit "minor acts of terrorism for Just Plain Goodness" against: gays, doctors, ACLU (fill in the blanks on his personal [I Talk to God but Does She Indeed Talk Back?] hit lists) = pure and simple.

So while we go after the Present Fundamentalist Terrorists\ufffd -- let us at least remain consistently rational (as you seem to consider that Rev Foulwell and his ilk ARE):

Stamp out *ALL* the terrorists consistently, democratically = at home and abroad - in our meta-Jihad against Jihads.

How nice for you, that you place so High a value on a person's "consistency in his beliefs" and tacitly redefine those 'beliefs' (for being 'consistent') as rational! Yes you have Lots of company. All those who speak of G_d and God and reverently encapsulate internal fantasies and call those RevealedTruth: are quite Certain of All Things.

I know just what your little apologia for Jerry means too, for the rest of us who share the planet.

I think we might read different dictionaries. Or are you merely, automatically befuddled when the word God is sanctimoniously sprinkled within ANY piece of Hate-spewing doggerel whatsoever?

As to self-serving: Of Course Not! He is speaking for GOD! They always ARE.

Ashton

Ah this just in: Dubya says,
the United States has the responsibility to rid the world of Evil !!!

WW-III enters on little pussy-cat sanctimonious doggerel, uttered by Our village idiot... pace pace O mio Dio
New So Falwell is agreeing with bin Laudin...
Bin Laudin (iirc) is calling for a holy war...a holy reign of terror...against the evil US. That the US is the great evil.

Falwell is claiming that the US has lost it's moral way and has become a great evil. The wraith of bin Laudin/God is against the US because it has become so evil.

The two really need to get a stage act together...they'd be wonderful. I'm sure they could plan out some way to make the US 'good' again. Excuse me as I wretch.

(And people are bitching about Kuro5shin?)
New You got a link for that?
Been hunting around trying find a credible (not that you're not credible..but my boss just said "I We what??") source for that comment.
-----
Steve
New Found one
[link|http://news.tbo.com/news/MGANDKBELRC.html|http://news.tbo.com...DKBELRC.html]

Also includes a rebuttal from a dean at Wake Forest divinity school in W_S NC:

Bill Leonard, the dean of Wake Forest Divinity School in Winston-Salem, N.C., said Falwell's remarks were ``representative of certain fundamentalism that often appears in the South.''

``It's a mistaken effort to sound prophetic,'' Leonard said, adding that he considered the remarks ``a travesty.''

-----
Steve
New fundamentalism
What else would you call it when he is so obviously mental?
"Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one."

--Thomas Jefferson
New "We have found the enemy and, he is us" [Pogo / Walt Kelly]
New Just consider the source.
This is simply Jerky...er, Jerry...cementing his irrelevance in the 21st century (or the 20th, for that matter).
jb4
(Resistance is not futile...)
     Falwell explains - (JayMehaffey) - (13)
         Not just Falwell... - (Simon_Jester) - (1)
             lets not forget 100's of bogus contribution web sites :( -NT - (boxley)
         What a moron -NT - (wharris2)
         look at the bright side, many disgusted ex-followers -NT - (boxley)
         Someone here said tragedy always brings out the best. - (Andrew Grygus)
         Point being missed - (Fearless Freep) - (2)
             Point NOT being missed: he's one of *our* Terrorists. - (Ashton)
             So Falwell is agreeing with bin Laudin... - (Simon_Jester)
         You got a link for that? - (Steve Lowe) - (3)
             Found one - (Steve Lowe) - (2)
                 fundamentalism - (Silverlock) - (1)
                     "We have found the enemy and, he is us" [Pogo / Walt Kelly] -NT - (Ashton)
         Just consider the source. - (jb4)

I'm sorry ... I have to go Google your threat.
94 ms