IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: Another interesting development -- Resource Failure Log
Okay, I ran Andrei till he failed, (something John told me to do to determine when and if and at what level of memory he would start to fail again), and this is the log for that test. I experienced a complete System Resources Failure on this test.

5:45 p.m. Booted up (Computer had been off for hours). RAM-384. Opened Eudora, RAM-374. Opened Opera, connected, RAM-362.

Signed into Yahoo, opened two Yahoo Groups, RAM-347. Had weird problem (mistake I made) turning one group into fullscreen. John shut down Opera and the groups, RAM-359. Reopened Opera, resigned into Yahoo, reopened two groups, RAM-352.

Opened Iwethey, opened YIM, & MS Word, RAM-256. Reloaded groups and IMed someone for approximately 2 hours, while working in Word, RAM-253.

Opened Yo-Da Site, SW.COM site, RAM-251. Exited Word, RAM-243. (This was at approximately midnight). Exited Yo-Da and SW.Com.

Continued to read mail and posts, noticed Resource Meter Bar was down to one bar, and that bar was yellow. Checked Resource Meter Stats: System Resources - 26% free, User Resources - 43% free, & GDI Resources - 26% free. RAM-249. This was at 12:40 a.m.

Opened another Yahoo group, and 5 Esheeps, bottom bar disappeared on the Resource meter, (no color) and I received the following message in a pop-up window:

[LOW RESOURCES -- 90% or more of your system resources are in use. To free up system resources, quit any programs you are not using. If you do not, your computer may stop responding.]

Checked System Resource Meter Stats: System Resources - 10% free, User Resources - 43% free, & GDI Resources - 10% free. RAM-248.

Closed two Yahoo groups. Bottom bar on Resource meter turned red. RAM-250.

Quit YIM, Bottom bar on Resource meter still red. Checked System Resource Meter Stats: System Resources - 14% free, User Resources - 50% free, & GDI Resources - 14% free. RAM-255.

Quit Eudora, Bottom bar on Resource meter turned yellow. Checked System Resource Meter Stats: System Resources - 25% free, User Resources - 61% free, & GDI Resources - 25% free. RAM-261.

Asked John what else to do, he was about to go to bed. He said continue running it and see if it crashes, note how it crashes and all the messages. So, here comes the rest.

Opened another Yahoo group, reopened YIM & signed in. RAM-257. Checked mail on one Yahoo ID, RAM-255. Read one group, deleted Yahoo mail in box, signed out of that ID, RAM-250.

Signed into second Yahoo ID, started deleting mail (had 84 messages to delete). Forwarded one to Eudora, Bottom Resource Meter bar now red. RAM-251.

Bravely continued trying to delete (clear) mail in box. Got the LOW RESOURCES warning box again (see above). Checked System Resource Meter stats: System Resources - 9% free, User Resources - 56% free, & GDI resources - 9% free. RAM-256, Bottom Resource Meter bar, red.

Bravely still continued deleting mail. Bottom Resource red bar disappeared (no color). Then, TweakRam freaked out. It started making little square boxes in stairstep succession down the screen, each accompanied by a little squawk. All these boxes were identical: TweakRam at the top, a circle with a red X in it at left, And "Invalid Image List" to it's right, and a button with OK at bottom. Clicking the buttons as the windows appeared did nothing. 19 boxes stairstepped themselves down the screen and then off to the right before stopping.

Didn't panic, exited the 5 sheep. Boxes are all still here, clicking did not remove them. However, clicking on another minimized window (Yahoo group) in the task bar made the stairstep boxes go away. Clicking back to the deleting mail page revealed the stairstep boxes were indeed gone. RAM-252. Tried deleting mail again.

Suddenly squawking resumed again, one squawk at a time, but this time, no boxes appeared. Lost count of how many squawks, but it was a lot. Received this pop-up message:

[RUNNING LOW ON RESOURCES -- Opera was unable to create a window because the system is running low on resources.] RAM-252. Can't click on Resource Meter, bottom bar gone, no color. Nothing will click, tried CTRL-ALT-DEL, won't come up. Click on the security window that I get when I access info, get another pop-up message:

[MINI -- An error has occurred in your program. To keep working anyway, click ignore and save your work in a new file. To quit this program click Close.]

Trying to close it brings up another pop-up message:

[A required Resource was (with a button below it saying OK).] Trying to click on that OK does nothing. Trying to bring up CTRL-ALT-DEL fails. Can't click Xes or close windows on task bar by right clicking. All froze.

Tried turning off the modem, modem disconnected, still nothing would click.

Surrendered and did a cold-shut-down at 2:22 a.m. with RAM-252.

Any ideas what is up here? Why are the resources disappearing? What are resources if not memory? Also, what is a MINI? Anyone know? I can't seem to figure out what program it means. And what is the difference between System Resources and User Resources? And what are GDI Resources?

And last but not least, does anyone know what Invalid Image List means?

Thanks and I appreciate all your input so far and all your help.

I'm going to bed now, Andrei makes me tired. Besides, I have to play the piano tomorrow for church.... can't be asleep, now, can I? ;)

Nightowl >8#

"Only dead fish swim with the stream."
Linda Ellerbee
New Questions about Resources... (new thread)
Created as new thread #91477 titled [link|/forums/render/content/show?contentid=91477|Questions about Resources...]
"Only dead fish swim with the stream."
Linda Ellerbee
     Help, another question about process of elimination? - (Nightowl) - (30)
         Re: Help, another question about process of elimination? - (orion) - (4)
             Re: Help, another question about process of elimination? - (Nightowl) - (3)
                 Another interesting development - (Nightowl) - (2)
                     Re: Another interesting development -- Resource Failure Log - (Nightowl) - (1)
                         Questions about Resources... (new thread) - (Nightowl)
         large helpings of metamucil -NT - (boxley) - (24)
             That one bowelled me over ;-) -NT - (bbronson) - (23)
                 Why? It was an alimentary conclusion. -NT - (jake123) - (22)
                     This whole thread stinks -NT - (drewk) - (21)
                         Almost as ripe ... - (admin) - (3)
                             stood out of the pot like a post -NT - (boxley) - (2)
                                 OSLRPD: Not CRRRRRRAP! -NT - (inthane-chan) - (1)
                                     import lrpdisms -NT - (folkert)
                         Re: This whole thread stinks - (Nightowl) - (16)
                             Did someone say... log? - (admin) - (15)
                                 Some icing sugar should be sprinkled on top - (jake123) - (2)
                                     Hiiiiiiiiidey ho! -NT - (admin) - (1)
                                         Don't forget the sliced almonds. -NT - (jake123)
                                 What rolls down stairs...alone or in pairs? -NT - (bepatient) - (11)
                                     iwetheyers on july 4th? -NT - (boxley) - (10)
                                         ROFL...none lately box...though one rolled up last year:) -NT - (bepatient) - (9)
                                             Wazzat same one that used a table to hold up his forehead? -NT - (folkert)
                                             izzat what I did? - (ben_tilly) - (7)
                                                 when you're good you can wear a ball cap - (boxley)
                                                 I'll protect you this year, Ben. - (folkert) - (5)
                                                     what, he left a non empty with someone? - (boxley) - (4)
                                                         Box... - (folkert) - (3)
                                                             Full of what? - (orion) - (2)
                                                                 As in a NEW one... - (folkert) - (1)
                                                                     Nice job - (orion)

But she said things I just couldn't fathom. She was too deep. Seemed to be under a lot of pressure. Boy, could she drink. She drank like a... she drank a lot.
71 ms