I don't know about allowing full conceal carry on board.

But sure, allow any police officer, FBI agent, or military officer to carry a gun.

Chances are, in many flights there will be one or more.

G. Gordon Liddy told a story yesterday (or the day before) about how he had to deal wiith it. This was in the days before metal detectors and so forth, but FBI agents were required to declare their weapons to the flight captain.

The captain asked him what he was carrying. Liddy said a 357 Magnum. The captain gave him a first-class seat and ordered him to shoot anyone who looked like he was trying to get into the pilot cabin.
There are certainly other things that can be done. The door to the pilot cabin is ridiculously flimsy. I don't know what this bullshit about killing flight attendants to "lure" a pilot out of the cabin is about; hell, I have arteriol necrosis (essentially similar to arthritis in my hips) and *I* could kick open the damn cockpit door. I want to hear more about this supposed "lure" stuff (aka until I know more, bullshit) until I form an opinion.

If the door were 1" steel, and the pilots wouldn't open it on a terroristic threat, Tuesday wouldn't have happened.