IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New This is repulsive to me.
We are trying to "strike a deal" that gives legitimacy to the overthrow of Iraq. 32 billion to Turkey alone (about $100 US tax payer dollars for every man, woman and child in the US) as a bribe to let our troops invade from their turf. And this was not enough. Has anyone tallied even the least expensive aspect of this war - that incurred as a result of bribes?

I don't give a tinker's damn if a UN resolution authorizes a war. All that would mean at this point is that enough US tax payer dollars had been spent to buy the vote we wanted. It will not, however, in any way, shape or form elevate the immorality of the war effort to anything approximating legitimacy.

I am personally heartened that, at least for now, it seems that our "you get the law you pay for" brand of democracy has not taken root in much of the rest of the world.

If a resolution is passed authorizing US/British invasion and occupation of Iraq, all it will truly mean is that money can corrupt UN dignitaries as easily as money has corrupted our mythic "representation of the people" in our own government.

So far it appears the White Hats are winning. I am not confident about the future, however.
bcnu,
Mikem

Osama bin Laden's brother could fly in US airspace 9/15/01, but I had to wait for FBI and CIA background checks, 'nuff said?
New There is still hope.
The US could not even bribe the "undecided" nations on the Security Council.

The worst we could do was with Blair and Spain.

And Blair might be out of a job soon because of his support of the US position.
New Indeed. Dubya hasn't disappointed me. Blair, OTOH has.
For I never overestimated Dubya. Unfortunately, I seem to have vastly overestimated Blair. I'm guessing much of the rest of Great Britain is feeling the same way.
bcnu,
Mikem

Osama bin Laden's brother could fly in US airspace 9/15/01, but I had to wait for FBI and CIA background checks, 'nuff said?
New Re: This is repulsive to me.
The only really good outcome of this would be the utter repudiation and destruction of the Republicans - completing a great arc spanning the years since the Mexican War, which gave birth to those radical sons of whores.
-drl
New Um, Dole and McCain are Republicans, remember?
New What's your point?

Clinton, Clinton, Clinton. Is that all you guys ever think about? Do you see him hiding around every corner? Does he haunt your dreams? I dunno, if I was you I'd probably WANT to forget about the great William Jefferson Clinton. Unlike the current president, he managed peace, prosperity, balanced budgets, lower poverty and child poverty rates, 21 million new jobs, 50,000 new teachers, 100,000 new cops, the lowest crime rate in 25 years, greater worker protections, the highest home ownership rate in history, the protection of Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security... Mind you, he did also have a penis, the evil bastard.
--[link|http://www.democraticunderground.com/|Democratic Underground]
New See #87491 and #87670.
New No
Throw in a quote that illustrates your point and I might, otherwise no.

Clinton, Clinton, Clinton. Is that all you guys ever think about? Do you see him hiding around every corner? Does he haunt your dreams? I dunno, if I was you I'd probably WANT to forget about the great William Jefferson Clinton. Unlike the current president, he managed peace, prosperity, balanced budgets, lower poverty and child poverty rates, 21 million new jobs, 50,000 new teachers, 100,000 new cops, the lowest crime rate in 25 years, greater worker protections, the highest home ownership rate in history, the protection of Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security... Mind you, he did also have a penis, the evil bastard.
Expand Edited by Silverlock March 14, 2003, 11:31:57 PM EST
New Okies.
DeSitter said he respects [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=87491|Dole] and [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=87670|McCain] and they've both come out with articles in support of Bush's policy with respect to Iraq. He said he thinks they've presented good arguments.

DeSitter likes painting Republicans as the personification of evil in US politics, as he did [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=88464|here].

Yet Dole and McCain are Republicans.

I just thought it was a little funny, that's all. YMMV, and apparently does. :-)

Cheers,
Scott.
New there is several wings of the republican party
dixiecrats the democrats of segragation and religious seclusion who changed parties to reflect their constituancies of conservative less government and states rights.
The goldwater camp who truly beleived in less government for all
and the moderate republican party who wants government out of both places, the wallet and the bedroom.
thanx,
bill
will work for cash and other incentives [link|http://home.tampabay.rr.com/boxley/resume/Resume.html|skill set]

questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]</br>

This nation . . . has no right to expect that it always will have wise and humane rulers, sincerely attached to the principles of the Constitution. . . . [If] the calamities of war again befall us, the dangers to human liberty are frightful to contemplate. \ufffdUnited States Supreme Court, Ex Parte Milligan, 1866, declaring Abraham Lincoln's suspension of habeas corpus and other abuses of the Bill of Rights unconstitutional
New Sure, but that goes for any big party. There are factions.
But he doesn't talk about wiping out only the Rockefeller wing of the party. (I think they were already wiped out by 1985 anyway.) :-)

I guess I'm easily amused, but I find his rants against [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=88464|"those radical sons of whores"] while praising other members of the same party rather funny.

Enough on this stuff from me. Have a good weekend!

Cheers,
Scott.
New Re: Sure, but that goes for any big party. There are facti
I can't help it - they just collapsed morally, so you can't help but feel disgust. As noted, there are historical Republicans I greatly admire. As recent as the early 90s, when I KNEW the Republicans were wrong, they did not induce disgust. Clinton induced disgust. Somewhere in the Clinton years the entire Republican effort just seemed to degenerate in a fiendish, counter-revolutionary rage against the social change of the 60s.

It's almost like a shameful thing for them to admit that people need real help, not "opportunity". The help they need is to be allowed to feel worthwhile by working and contributing - it's not much, but it's beyond the Republicans to understand what this means.

-drl
New Point made.
I was reading more into it than you meant. I'm glad I asked before spouting off.

New Re: Um, Dole and McCain are Republicans, remember?
Only in name. McCain has nothing in common with the actual, war-avoiding, fat-cat back-Easterners derived from Rockefeller. He does have affinity with Goldwater and his line - but not enough to qualify. He is more like one of the old rust belt Labor Democrats, like Dirksen [historical brainfart - Dirksen was Republican - my how things have changed since I was a kid ] and Humphrey, or powerful Senators like Richard Russell of Georgia (Robt Byrd of WVa is a close approximation).

As for Dole, everyone from Kansas, including Dorothy and Toto, pretends to be a Republican. Dole is too outspoken and forthright to qualify in reality, and also has a good looking wife who he actually sleeps with.

Dole is a fine man who commands respect and makes people laugh. He also lost the use of an arm during a shooting war. This alone bars him from actual representation in the party.

(Funny, I love Lincoln and Grant also.)

All these people have in common - they are not radicals. The Republicans today are mostly nutty radicals.
-drl
Expand Edited by deSitter March 15, 2003, 12:00:08 AM EST
     Straw blames France for interferring. - (Brandioch) - (14)
         This is repulsive to me. - (mmoffitt) - (13)
             There is still hope. - (Brandioch) - (1)
                 Indeed. Dubya hasn't disappointed me. Blair, OTOH has. - (mmoffitt)
             Re: This is repulsive to me. - (deSitter) - (10)
                 Um, Dole and McCain are Republicans, remember? -NT - (Another Scott) - (9)
                     What's your point? -NT - (Silverlock) - (7)
                         See #87491 and #87670. -NT - (Another Scott) - (6)
                             No - (Silverlock) - (5)
                                 Okies. - (Another Scott) - (4)
                                     there is several wings of the republican party - (boxley) - (2)
                                         Sure, but that goes for any big party. There are factions. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                             Re: Sure, but that goes for any big party. There are facti - (deSitter)
                                     Point made. - (Silverlock)
                     Re: Um, Dole and McCain are Republicans, remember? - (deSitter)

Same LRPD time, same LRPD channel.
74 ms