IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: Reference is to the movie 'Office Space'
I've never had anything unexpectedly terminate on a non-Friday.

The black hour is Friday after lunch.
-drl
New Counter-example
I was laid off on a Monday at 11AM at my previous job.
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
New Then you've missed out
Last month, we had a surprise mass layoff on a Wednesday morning. Unsurprisingly, morale is still in the toilet and I've been working on my resume.

Oh, and they've started a group in India. And have I mentioned our CEO is making a killing while the company is losing money? I just can't image why people at work are so cynical right now.

David "LordBeatnik"
New Hrm. Sounds like they're forgetting.
What with the economy in the shitter, They are getting bolder about laying people off willy-nilly, instead of waiting until Friday.

Waiting for the latest round of postals...
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989
New Or they're just stupid
What was even more surprising was timing and the selection of people. They axed several people who's skills cannot easily be replaced. And they have no real plan on how to cover for many of the losses. It seems like upper management just decreed "thou shalt remove X% of the workforce by this deadline" without any careful thought as to the consequences.

Ah well, if there are bugs in a couples pieces of code, they've screwed themselves by firing the only people who could fix it in a short period of time. Have I mentioned I love upper management?

David "LordBeatnik"
     Soon to be deinstalled - (lincoln) - (36)
         whatever happens tomorrow be cool - (boxley)
         Record the interview. - (Silverlock) - (2)
             check state law first before doing it on the sly -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                 Actually, don't ask. - (jake123)
         Don't sign anything... -NT - (admin) - (1)
             What he said! -NT - (folkert)
         3 PM Update - (lincoln) - (27)
             Re: 3 PM Update - (deSitter) - (12)
                 You forgot your <SARCASM> tag - (lincoln) - (11)
                     No -NT - (deSitter) - (10)
                         You gotta be kidding, right? - (lincoln) - (9)
                             He might be exaggerating a bit... - (inthane-chan) - (1)
                                 Re: He might be exaggerating a bit... - (orion)
                             Reference is to the movie 'Office Space' - (ChrisR) - (6)
                                 Re: Reference is to the movie 'Office Space' - (deSitter) - (4)
                                     Counter-example - (admin)
                                     Then you've missed out - (lordbeatnik) - (2)
                                         Hrm. Sounds like they're forgetting. - (inthane-chan) - (1)
                                             Or they're just stupid - (lordbeatnik)
                                 Milton - (orion)
             They needed more time to lock you out - (drewk) - (10)
                 Won't logoff when I go home Friday - (lincoln) - (9)
                     Take it easy - (deSitter) - (8)
                         Why? -NT - (lincoln) - (7)
                             Let Whatever Come - (deSitter) - (6)
                                 And with a little advance warning - (lincoln) - (5)
                                     Or it will look like you were "trying something"... -NT - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                         I didn't "try something"... last night - (lincoln)
                                     Advance notice, misconstrued evidence - (kmself) - (2)
                                         personal email to offsite - (boxley)
                                         I don't know what you mean - (lincoln)
             This keeps getting better and better......... - (lincoln) - (2)
                 The Doomsday Clock had the snooze button hit a few times... - (orion)
                 Well??? Don't keep us in suspense!!! - (folkert)
         So, what happened? - (inthane-chan) - (1)
             Maybe they whacked him -NT - (deSitter)

More fun than a fart in a spacesuit.
59 ms