IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Bush Sr. on record as saying his son needs to chill out
Well, ok, not quite in such a strong manner, but this is proof the world is going insane:

[link|http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,3-605441,00.html|http://www.timesonli...,3-605441,00.html]
"We are all born originals -- why is it so many of us die copies?"
- Edward Young
New Fascinating
He also urged the President to resist his tendency to bear grudges...

What's worse than a sloppy drunk?

A reformed drunk.
-drl
New Y'know, I did kinda respect the Elder Bush
Even if I disagreed with him, he seemed to be at least in possession of a brain, and the ability to use it.

(Although, for some reason now, I have a vision of him as an Elder Horror... Ia! Ia! Bush ftaghn! Nope, doesn't work...)
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989
New Same feelings
I often disagreed with Bush Sr. on policy and politics, but at least he knew how to do the job.

If Bush Sr. was organizing this war he would have had some solid fake evidence ready to sway the UN Security Council and public opinion when he needed it. Bush Jr. can't even produce fake evidence that will stand up for a day or two.

Jay
New Re: Same feelings
How was it determined that the evidence was faked? For that matter, what was the evidence?
-drl
Everything from the attempt to link Saddam to the 9/11 attack to the claim that the balsa and duct tape drone was a major weapon, pretty much every bit of evidence put forth by the White House has not stood up under examination.

Jay
Well, that's somewhat different than being fake - that's merely bad rhetoric. Was something actually concocted?

(As Spock would put it, one must distinguish a lie from mere exaggeration.)

-drl
New Possibly
The IAEA said the some of the evidence presented to it about Iraq's nuclear program was fake. But it isn't clear if that was US or British, plus it's always possible they where simply passing on bogus information provided by one of their sources.

I would also put the attempts to link Saddam to 9/11 beyond the level of exaggeration. This claim has been made again and again by Bush, despite leaks from the intelligence services that indicate they don't think it's true.

Jay
New the man who destroyed humint in the CIA
didnt trust him then and even less now.
thanx.
bill
will work for cash and other incentives [link|http://home.tampabay.rr.com/boxley/resume/Resume.html|skill set]

questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]</br>

"If you want to meet a group of people who have a profound distrust of, and hostility toward, our legal system, don't waste your time on political radicals; interview a random selection of crime victims, and you will probably find that they make the former group look like utopian idealists by comparison." Dave Robicheaux
New Didn't say I *trusted* him...
You can't trust somebody you respect. If you can trust them to do what you tell them to, they're not worthy of it. :)
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989
New Good news...
It has to be hard to ignore an elder statesman of your own party... who is also a former President... who also had much the same situation you had to deal with... who also happens to be your father...
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
New ex-President Bush arrested on terrorism charges.
New LOL
That would be... fascinating.
- Edward Young
New www.nationalreview.com sez "Bush Sr. is secret Saddam lover"
[link|http://www.nationalreview.com/|www.nationalreview.com]

The evidence is all there.

How Bush helped fund Saddams chem-bio weapons programs.

How Bush refused to "get" Saddam after the First Gulf War.
It just goes to show, you can NEVER know who your REAL enemies are.
New With all due respect...
we wouldn't have this particular manifestation of the terror problem if Papa Bush had followed through the first time. What's he trying to be the Republican Carter now?

"Drawing on his own experiences before and after the 1991 Gulf War" but not during?
The future is leaving the station, the US is at the throttle, and the Left isn't on board.
No oil for TotalFinaElf!
CHICKENHAWK! Scourge of clucking hens everywhere!
Victory is the answer. There are no alternatives.
[link|http://www.angelfire.com/ca3/marlowe/index.html|http://www.angelfire...arlowe/index.html]
New Papa Bush was harmed, I think...
by the political necessity of toadying for eight years to a man he clearly despised. I think it drove him a bit mad.

cordially,
"Die Welt ist alles, was der Fall ist."
New I call this one a Surprise..
Only some large dread, derived from Bushie Sr's coterie - could prompt so public a rebuke. Shades of the grudge-keeper in Giant, the Upanishads of Texas oil-critters..

Coke & booze together can make a mediocre personality positively unstable. But not to fear - Muricans will elect Anyone who Walks Tall. (Or not really-elect, as the case may be.)

Ashton
New I don't mind walking tall
there's nothing wrong it. In fact, I consider it an admirable quality in a person. But it needs to be combined with, you know, other things.
- Edward Young
     Bush Sr. on record as saying his son needs to chill out - (cwbrenn) - (17)
         Fascinating - (deSitter)
         Y'know, I did kinda respect the Elder Bush - (inthane-chan) - (7)
             Same feelings - (JayMehaffey) - (4)
                 Re: Same feelings - (deSitter) - (3)
                     Re: Same feelings - (JayMehaffey) - (2)
                         Re: Same feelings - (deSitter) - (1)
                             Possibly - (JayMehaffey)
             the man who destroyed humint in the CIA - (boxley) - (1)
                 Didn't say I *trusted* him... - (inthane-chan)
         Good news... - (admin)
         ex-President Bush arrested on terrorism charges. -NT - (Brandioch) - (2)
             LOL - (cwbrenn) - (1)
                 www.nationalreview.com sez "Bush Sr. is secret Saddam lover" - (Brandioch)
         With all due respect... - (marlowe) - (1)
             Papa Bush was harmed, I think... - (rcareaga)
         I call this one a Surprise.. - (Ashton) - (1)
             I don't mind walking tall - (cwbrenn)

She turned me into a NEWT!
114 ms