IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New (affirmative)
Also, wish you'd submit it - to many places - and possibly send to the mother of the person on that cel-fone exchange (she has been on TV). Guess she could be found via proxy - even news service. It could only help.

(Yes, it's an exceptional work IMhO.)

Ashton
Expand Edited by Missing User 70 Sept. 12, 2001, 10:48:49 PM EDT
New Where would you go?
I have no idea where to send these things - I've already sent it off to a few of my friends, and to my mom, and posted here.
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche
New No experience but,
Local paper, NY Times, other NY papers: 'To editor'.

Washington Post and other DC papers: those folks may have saved *lots* of lives in DC. Remember - there's also some indication that the Pentagon was an 'auxiliary target'. We'll never know why they didn't fly just a bit further...

As Doug suggests above.. perhaps after the initial shock and some reflection - you may just be among the first to recognize the 'Scale' of what this group of strangers apparently did.

Possibly they will come to symbolize some of that Best in people, brought out by such calamities (as in the extermination camps and other horrible events). There may even be folksongs - it's the stuff of which they are made.

Dunno in 2001, but I'd imagine a nicely printed or handwritten snail mail note would be preferable to e-mail; the address should be at the sites. Again - dunno how e-mail is considered.. by editors of newsprint, born in the era of literacy.

Cheers,

A.
New Done.
Let us not forget.

I put one line before the poem:

"I\ufffdm not sure where to send this. My hand wrote it, but I did not create it \ufffd the passengers of flight 93 did through their actions."
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Expand Edited by inthane-chan Sept. 13, 2001, 01:23:17 PM EDT
     Poem: Courage - (inthane-chan) - (8)
         courage - (wharris2) - (4)
             (affirmative) - (Ashton) - (3)
                 Where would you go? - (inthane-chan) - (2)
                     No experience but, - (Ashton) - (1)
                         Done. - (inthane-chan)
         Re: The lions among the many heros that have emerged - (dmarker2)
         Speaking of tributes - (wharris2) - (1)
             Amen. - (inthane-chan)

Uno? My brain hurts. And I'm out of milk, so the coffee's not a happening thing. Pout.
50 ms