IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Now as a non US citizen, even I recognise fort Sumpter

1861 when Brig Gen Beauregard of the Confederate army fired on fort Sumpter & it surrendered the next day.

Now they were civillised in those days - only Union deaths occured when a cannon prematurely exploded when being readied to fire a salute during the agreed evacuation after the surrender.

If I have got it wrong, Ahhh appolojahze suhh!!!

Doug Marker
New Kind suh, I beg youah pardon, that is "Sumter" suh
..and that was the American army firing on it!

There WAS one battle casualty - a Union artillery horse. As stated, the only soldier to die was killed during a cannon salute issued during the evacuation, subsequent to the surrender.

And indeed it was Pierre Gustave Toutant Beauregard in command of the American forces. He also has the distinction of being the designer of the immortal battle flag. He won distinction in the (unjust) war against Mexico in 1848, wounded twice and breveted twice.

[image|http://www.civilwarhome.com/images/Beaure.jpg||||]
PGT Beauregard
-drl
New Well Suhh - Ahh mae take excepchun ovah the spellin
But ahh am too much a gentleman to worreh over that itty bitty use of the 'p'.

Bert, mah web browsah & mah memory both show mix'd spellin fo the woe-d

It seems thet both Sumpter end Sumter ahh used.

Cheeyaz Derg Mawhkah
Expand Edited by dmarker March 12, 2003, 05:39:12 PM EST
New Very well. So how is it being back home?
I always like the things I used to hate. But I know if I stay long enough, I will start hating them again. So I leave. I feel like that about the entire planet.
-drl
New Ever met a split personality ? - thats me (& chee)

Pers 1) In HK - I love the place. Love the way of life, the hustle & bustle & love the raucus but friendly inhabitants called GuangDong Hua (Cantonese).

Pers 2) But now I am back in OZ - I love Australia, the blue skies, the food, & HK can go to hell (as it is doing all on its own)

Put me back in HK & I become 1) again instantly

Send me to Oz & pers 2) kicks in.

What else can I say :-)

Cheers

Doug
(To our US members: Beware the future when your children & theirs come after you for what you may be willing to condone today)
     Taking Jefferson seriously - (Silverlock) - (6)
         HAHAHHAHA - (deSitter) - (5)
             Now as a non US citizen, even I recognise fort Sumpter - (dmarker) - (4)
                 Kind suh, I beg youah pardon, that is "Sumter" suh - (deSitter) - (3)
                     Well Suhh - Ahh mae take excepchun ovah the spellin - (dmarker) - (2)
                         Very well. So how is it being back home? - (deSitter) - (1)
                             Ever met a split personality ? - thats me (& chee) - (dmarker)

SYS$BLASPHEMER!
78 ms