IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Passengers possibly thwarted fourth attack
[link|http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-091201penn.story|[link|http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-091201penn.story|http://www.latimes....01penn.story]]

'Thomas Burnett told his wife, Deena, that "a group of us are going to do something," she said. Burnett learned of the World Trade Center attacks during the four phone calls he made to his wife [while on plane], and calmly told her that he and other passengers would try to take action against the hijackers.'

From what I heard in early reports, the plane went up abruptly before the crash and then crashed immediately thereafter at high speeds at a 45 degree angle.
Today CNN confirmed that the passenger took a poll among the male passengers (85? total passengers on board) to try to overtake the hijackers after finding out that planes had already hit the WTC. They voted to try and thus gave their lives in a struggle. They apparently saved the White House or another hit to the Pentagon (or Camp David?). The plane was definately headed to the DC area.

All of this is unconfirmed but seems to be close to the truth.

These passengers may have saved thousands of lives. I salute them for their absolute courage in standing up to murderers, whether or not they were directly responsible for the crash in a field.

Things to ponder: The other 3 planes hit there targets. This one didn't.
All the planes had a relatively small number of passengers on board. Coincidence?
The weather on the day of the attack was clear so that line of sight flying was possible allowing pin point targeting of buildings/planes (Air Force 1).
Just some thoughts after absorbing the news of the last 30 hours or so.
New Sad situation
Reports are of course contradictory, but I think terrorists claimiing they have a bomb and slashing throats of stewardesses are going to be treated quite differently from now on.

I damn well hope so.
That no man should scruple, or hesitate a moment to use arms in defense of so valuable a blessing [as freedom], on which all the good and evil of life depends, is clearly my opinion; yet arms ... should be the last resource. - George Washington
New CNN is breaking more news.
There were 38 passengers on board.
The pilot had the mic on and was heard to say "get out of here", then some scuffling and then once again, "get out of here".
Then an English voice with an Arabic? accent came on and said there was a bomb on board and they were returning to Newark.

I suspect we'll have more details very soon.
Expand Edited by brettj Sept. 12, 2001, 11:19:51 PM EDT
New Bush wouldn't return to DC until this plane was down.
... and all others in the DC territory.
Makes sense to me but some thought he ought to come straight back to the White House.

P.S. Good call Doug. Your source was nearly right on target.
New See Inthane's poem in Open forum..
     Passengers possibly thwarted fourth attack - (tablizer) - (5)
         They are just a few of the heros in this horror. - (brettj)
         Sad situation - (wharris2) - (2)
             CNN is breaking more news. - (brettj) - (1)
                 Bush wouldn't return to DC until this plane was down. - (brettj)
         See Inthane's poem in Open forum.. -NT - (Ashton)

Now, new ChiaLRPD[tm]!
103 ms