Randal replied "I just smile and move my programs into production before the Java programmer has his first compile".
Unfair, of course. ;-)

I don't find Java's typing that much more onerous than Perl's wonky class syntax.

My opinions on strict typing, however, reflect a sentiment mentioned by one Jay O'Connor: "Strict typing should be learned first to protect the programmer from himself, after which he will know enough to know when to break the rules." (or words to that effect)

C++ drives me crazy. Objective C, so far, seems to have just the right amount of typing: the compiler *warns* you, but only if you are using explicit types instead of 'id'. For a final datapoint, I will add that I have been bitten a few times in Python, but not nearly as many times as I've had to squirrel around an object design to match a compiler's idea of What Is Right as opposed to my own.

Because we use wxPython.
wxPython is the bomb. I was amazed at how quickly I could put something together with it.

(I'll skip blathering about performance one can gain from strong typing. See my comments about compiling)
Note: Objective C virtual function calls (which are all of them) are only 1.5-2 times slower than regular C calls. And if you are using C++ (yes, I know... Christian will say "don't use C++ as an example of strict typing Nirvana) with inheritance, many of your calls will be vtable calls anyway, and therefore as slow as Objective C.

Ovid: As CRC noted, the forum software here will take care of the line breaks for you. <p> tags are unnecessary, and can play hell with the quoting features here. Of course, if you prefer to use them, who am I to tell you to desist. :-)