They are just to get a feeling for HOW you feel... or think... That's all ANY interviewer wants.

My answers would be very different from some... comparative to some... absolutely wrong to others... yet right on the money to others as well.

FTR and my wasting of time...
In the battle between Open Source Software and Microsoft, who do you want to win, and why?
There really isn't a battle, persay. There really won't be any winner. If Microsoft were to just do what everyone else is doing... they'd be on both sides. Just like IBM, SGI, RedHat, SuSE, alot of Embedded Devices manufacturers, Internet Service Providers, CISCO, AVAYA, Nortel, AT&T... of course formerly SCO-Group which Funded MUCH of the *EVIL* Linux Enterprise Support... is now claiming Linux could have never "improved" so much... unfortuneately for them, that wasn't what they thought before Caldera bought SCO...

So All in all, it's not a MS vs OSS battle as much as it is a paradigm shift that *IS* going to take place with or without Microsoft, SCO... any other's resisting the shift... Resisting is Futile, it will happen sooner than we think.
What is your favourite spice?
Garlic and Ginger, for much the same reason, they enhance or alter flavors in such a way to make them "BETTER".
If you were a doctor, what would you specialize in?
General Surgery. Mainly, I crave knowledge, in everything... being very good at everything
What is the difference between a credit and a lebit?
Credit has many meanings, but I haven't seen it used as an Acronym, but "LEBIT" I have seen as an acronym standing for "Low Energy Beam and Ion Trap". Michigan State University has one. So, used in these terms:
Credit has to goto Michigan State University for creation of the LEBIT.
Of all the candidates, why should I hire you? In 20 words or less.
In the local IT industry, I am the single most technically capable person this team will interview.

Haughty, yes sometimes... but well founded... Other than that... you all know me... what I can do... What I won't do... were these answers good/bad... based on that?