IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Now Bill, lets do a history lesson ...

This will require you to do some searching BUT where did the US of 19th century get the bulk of its technologies from (by hook or by crook) that led to US becoming a great nation ???

Did US buy them <grin>

Did US invent them (talking bout 19th cent -- as yes I agree US did invent major advances in 1935-45 -- rayon, polaroid, transistor, etc:).

Who did they *not* buy them from -- Was it 'OLD EUROPE' ??? <grin> Am I rubbing your nose in it ???

Cheers

Doug

(yoo betcha)

New Samual Colt was American, Maxim was the only euro
cotton gin, local. Arms were home grown. Steam mostly home grown. Steel warships, home grown. Railway technology mixed. Name an strategic industry that was removed from europe to America, not just copied but taken out of the hands of the europeans.
thanx,
bill
will work for cash and other incentives [link|http://home.tampabay.rr.com/boxley/resume/Resume.html|skill set]

questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
\ufffdOmni Gaul Delenda est!\ufffd Ceasar
New Jeeze Bill, don't leave it to Colt, what about ...

The 'SPRINGFIELD' *rifle*.

Now when it comes to perfection in killing - that was pure US

Cheers

Doug <VBG>

New Maxim was American--just did his work in europe
New textiles
Jumped here from England. And from here to Asia after our workers became too high-cost.

Cheers,
Ben
"good ideas and bad code build communities, the other three combinations do not"
- [link|http://archives.real-time.com/pipermail/cocoon-devel/2000-October/003023.html|Stefano Mazzocchi]
     sofly sofy catchee monkey, Chicoms stripping American tech - (boxley) - (6)
         Now Bill, lets do a history lesson ... - (dmarker) - (4)
             Samual Colt was American, Maxim was the only euro - (boxley) - (3)
                 Jeeze Bill, don't leave it to Colt, what about ... - (dmarker)
                 Maxim was American--just did his work in europe -NT - (morganek)
                 textiles - (ben_tilly)
         Nice find! And agree on generational time frame thinking. -NT - (a6l6e6x)

I'm picturing tablizer on a laptop dragging around a 486 whitebox running Linux attached to a really long extension cord.
39 ms