IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Interesting results
I moved one of the systems having problems to a different network, and it works fine.

The only thing I did differently on my home network was update the Dlink router Firmware. All networked devices route through the Dlink router. Could the router be causing the problem? I tried a factory reset but I got the same results.

[link|http://pub75.ezboard.com/bantiiwethey|
New and improved, Chicken Delvits!]
New Thoughts
1. Is it possible that you have one of the workstations set to a static IP address? One that is in the same range as the DHCP?

2. Is one of the nics bad/going bad/causing an excessive number of retries/resends/collisions?

I've experienced both problems.
[link|mailto:jbrabeck@attbi.com|Joe]
New Re: Thoughts
The DSL Rounter DHCP sets the range from 192.168.0.100 to 192.168.0.200 and the Static IP of my web server was 192.168.0.2, out of the range of the DHCP. Two Windows 98 workstations use DHCP to get their IP etc, and the Windows 2000 Server was set to a static IP due to Active Directory and the web server, etc.

I cannot find any of the NIC going bad, they work with TCP/IP just fine, I can ping the other IP addresses with no rejections, and no packet losses. Just the Windows Microsoft Network shares that timeout and lock up.

Could it be some setting in the DLINK DSL Router that is blocking the Windows shares? DI-604 Router, has the latest firmware, but after I applied the latest firmware the Windows shares stopped working. I tried resetting to factory defaults, but the same thing has happened.

The machines seem to work on a different network with a different router. Just not on my home network. It boggles the mind!

[link|http://pub75.ezboard.com/bantiiwethey|
New and improved, Chicken Delvits!]
     Network lockups and freezes - (orion) - (8)
         Re: Network lockups and freezes - (deSitter) - (3)
             Re: Network lockups and freezes - (orion) - (2)
                 Re: Network lockups and freezes - (deSitter) - (1)
                     Networking not working - (orion)
         At my witt's end - (orion)
         Interesting results - (orion) - (2)
             Thoughts - (jbrabeck) - (1)
                 Re: Thoughts - (orion)

Note for the linguistically-impaired: That was a rhetorical question. (Second note, for the vocabulary-challenged: That means you're not supposed to answer it.)
50 ms