IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New What about Forms processing?
CSS2 is nice for laying out web pages sans JavaScript - though it still can't produce professional quality output when sent to a printer but it's pretty good for monitors.

CSS2 fails to go beyond the idea that input from the user is but a series of clicking on links. The Form elements have barely improved over what we had long ago in HTML 2.0.
New That's a place where javascript has a great role

However, the original point wasn't that javascript sucked... it was that javascript + DOM sucked for creating good UIs.

--\r\n-------------------------------------------------------------------\r\n* Jack Troughton                            jake at consultron.ca *\r\n* [link|http://consultron.ca|http://consultron.ca]                   [link|irc://irc.ecomstation.ca|irc://irc.ecomstation.ca] *\r\n* Kingston Ontario Canada               [link|news://news.consultron.ca|news://news.consultron.ca] *\r\n-------------------------------------------------------------------
New It does suck....
...when it comes to forms processing. Doesn't mean it can't get the job done. But it will fight you every step of the way and be a general PITA.

The constraints of bandwidth and statelessness make web application programmming difficult to begin with. The dirth of innovation on the client side form elements is in stark contrast with all the improvements made to rendering side of the process.
     Took on a VB Project, Traveller Character Database - (orion) - (11)
         I also did a "project" - (tablizer) - (1)
             It is all in the marketing - (orion)
         Have you considered... - (tseliot) - (8)
             I don't see it - (tablizer) - (6)
                 We know what you dream about. Talk reality for once. -NT - (tseliot)
                 Yeah. It's called CSS2 - (jake123) - (4)
                     What about Forms processing? - (ChrisR) - (2)
                         That's a place where javascript has a great role - (jake123) - (1)
                             It does suck.... - (ChrisR)
                     And with a *touch* of browser-agnostic JS thrown back in - (tseliot)
             ASP - (orion)

Back off, man! I'm a scientist!
59 ms