IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: .NET Beta Blues
My company explored the .NET betas somewhat thoroughly. The company wanted to use .NET if possible, even if some pain was involved.

We have a former Microsoft programmer with contacts into the .NET team working for us currently and he could not make it work.

.NET is not ready now. Whether it will every be ready is a rant^H^H^H^Hdiscussion for another day.
Darryl A. Peterson

I'm not as funny as I think I am.
New .NET to the future!
I'm still waiting for updated .NET books to be published, so far they only cover .NET Beta 1, no .NET Beta 2 books are out yet.

At least I can say I was working on it while it was still in Beta. I am assuming they will call it Visual Studio 7.0 when it does finally come out? .NET is just the framework behind it.

Doing .NET Beta programming is like banging your head against a wall. Eventually you hurt youn head and give up, or get knocked out.
"I can see if I want anything done right around here, I'll have to do it myself!"Moe Howard
New Visual Studio .NET
Actually it's going to be called Visual Studio .NET.

Therefore, there will be Visual Basic .NET, Visual C++ .NET, etc.

Darryl A. Peterson

I'm not as funny as I think I am.
New They *will* get it usable because.....
.NET is not ready now. Whether it will every be ready is a rant^H^H^H^Hdiscussion for another day.

.....they have a jillion times more beta testers than anybody else. (Also known as "paying customers".)

Re: .NET Beta Blues - (dpeterson) - (3)
             .NET to the future! - (orion) - (1)
                 Visual Studio .NET - (dpeterson)
             They *will* get it usable because..... - (tablizer)

I'm trying to be scientific about the ineffable and all you can think of is your schwantz.
54 ms