IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New "For he IS the Kwisatz Haderach!"
New Holy *bog*
Same for me: "For he IS the Kwisatz Haderach!"

And the one at the bottom of this screen is "DONT'T PANIC"...
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
New ROFL: it continues: "The mind boggles."
Regards,

-scott anderson

New Indeed. Though...
"We try not to be amazed at morons."

Zooks!

:-)

Cheers,
Scott.
New And Bob's your uncle...
Regards,

-scott anderson

New Ignore the man behind the curtain!
New Box, ignore this shyte - but fer f***s sake get a job <g>

New Actually, Hey u 2 - either spell it out or
perhaps we can move to Flame forum. Politely, can you explain your little 'inside joke' sequence openly & honestly. The problem with little mysteries like this is that one might decide it is good humour or one might wonder if it is smart assedness - as I can't see your faces & really have no idea what you are posting here about, I would appreciate a clear explanation (not brush off), else why post in the 1st place.

So I hope when dune I will know if it was pos or neg contribution ???
Thanks Doug
Expand Edited by dmarker March 1, 2003, 06:31:52 AM EST
Expand Edited by dmarker March 1, 2003, 07:11:03 AM EST
New Hey Doug, there are these things here called LPRDisms...
A little inside joke is that the software here is sentient. The LPRDisms at the bottom of the page often seem related to what the post talks about. Several of us post them as they can add a bit of levity.

As Foghorn Leghorn, and the LRPD, said - "It's a JOKE son, I say a JOKE!"

HTH. :-)

Cheers,
Scott.
New No, you didn't. You came here for an argument!
Regards,

-scott anderson

New LRPDs
I have asked a couple of others here what LRPD's are & other than being told it means Little Red Pulstaing Dots. Have not made any connection to anything else.

But if I am interpreting what you have said correctly, the 'sayings' that appear at the bottom of some peoples posts, are an IWETHEY computer generated feature ??? If so I had not been aware of it.

But even then, I am not sure how they fit into your & Scott's sequence.

Cheers Doug
(PS see my comment to CRC)

#2 (until finally looking at the bottom of the 'whole' page & at last seeing the source of LRPDs :-()
Expand Edited by dmarker March 1, 2003, 08:32:49 PM EST
New Smarter than the av-er-age bear!
Jeez Doug... I mean, the LRPDisms were only the *second* thing I coded here after the banner... *literally*... ;-)
Regards,

-scott anderson

New Leeme alone - I still tryina wake up - grump huff snort <g>
New Preternaturally perspicacious LRPD sez:
First came the dinosaurs, but they got all big and fat and died.

*cackle*
Regards,

-scott anderson

New Lather, rinse, repeat.
New First use of the name?
[link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=541|http://z.iwethey.org...how?contentid=541]

John/Meerkat is generally credited with coming up with the pronunciation in that thread as well, I believe. :-)
Regards,

-scott anderson

New Do you post here in your freaking SLEEP, or what?!?
Excuse me, Doug, but how the FUCK did you manage to miss the LRPD for all these months?!?

Are you BLIND, gifted with a photographic memory in the form of a pre-exposed plae, or just plain goddamn asleep at the wheel???

Inquiring minds want to know... (No, they don't! -- Yes they do!) Uh, ehrm: Inquiring minds, in an ambiguously horror-stricken and fascinated kind of way, want and don't want to know.

[link|mailto:MyUserId@MyISP.CountryCode|Christian R. Conrad]
(I live in Finland, and my e-mail in-box is at the Saunalahti company.)
Your lies are of Microsoftian Scale and boring to boot. Your 'depression' may be the closest you ever come to recognizing truth: you have no 'inferiority complex', you are inferior - and something inside you recognizes this. - [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=71575|Ashton Brown]
New My turn to fess up -
Ring their bells <worked - g>

Why I said when 'Dune' we will all know.

<g>

Doug
(CRC, research Dune)

Update: CRC yes I may have actually been posting in my sleep. I am admitting that while I had seen lots & lots of refs to LRPDs & had asked others here (some time back & again recently) what they were & where they were, the responses all assumed I knew they were 'at the bottom of each page' (Scott must keep them in a list somewhere --was last response). Truth is I had not realised that they were appearing at bottom of each page, I had been looking at bottom of each post but had not been able to make an association. So if that makes me asleep at the wheel then I am guilty as hell <grin>
Expand Edited by dmarker March 1, 2003, 08:40:08 PM EST
New ObLRPD: And there was much rejoicing... yayyyyy.
In case that makes anyone feel like barfing, the LRPD while reading the above was, "Excuse me while I call for a mop." :-)

Cheers,
Ben
"good ideas and bad code build communities, the other three combinations do not"
- [link|http://archives.real-time.com/pipermail/cocoon-devel/2000-October/003023.html|Stefano Mazzocchi]
Expand Edited by ben_tilly March 1, 2003, 09:05:43 PM EST
New Must be in reference to the mop comment, I guess:
But I got: "We need to drill for VASELINE in ALASKA!"
Regards,

-scott anderson

New It's watching you from across the way...
New I say, I say that was a JOKE, son! A joke!
New And mine: (new thread)
Created as new thread #85179 titled [link|/forums/render/content/show?contentid=85179|And mine:]

[link|mailto:MyUserId@MyISP.CountryCode|Christian R. Conrad]
(I live in Finland, and my e-mail in-box is at the Saunalahti company.)
Your lies are of Microsoftian Scale and boring to boot. Your 'depression' may be the closest you ever come to recognizing truth: you have no 'inferiority complex', you are inferior - and something inside you recognizes this. - [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=71575|Ashton Brown]
     Alrite - thisl surprise some but wana 'celeb roast' the Box - (dmarker) - (31)
         Seconded - (lincoln)
         Yup, he may be a cantankerous opinionated SOB - (Ashton) - (23)
             "For he IS the Kwisatz Haderach!" -NT - (Another Scott) - (22)
                 Holy *bog* - (admin) - (21)
                     ROFL: it continues: "The mind boggles." -NT - (admin) - (20)
                         Indeed. Though... - (Another Scott) - (19)
                             And Bob's your uncle... -NT - (admin) - (18)
                                 Ignore the man behind the curtain! -NT - (Another Scott) - (17)
                                     Box, ignore this shyte - but fer f***s sake get a job <g> - (dmarker)
                                     Actually, Hey u 2 - either spell it out or - (dmarker) - (15)
                                         Hey Doug, there are these things here called LPRDisms... - (Another Scott) - (7)
                                             No, you didn't. You came here for an argument! -NT - (admin)
                                             LRPDs - (dmarker) - (5)
                                                 Smarter than the av-er-age bear! - (admin) - (3)
                                                     Leeme alone - I still tryina wake up - grump huff snort <g> -NT - (dmarker) - (2)
                                                         Preternaturally perspicacious LRPD sez: - (admin) - (1)
                                                             Lather, rinse, repeat. -NT - (inthane-chan)
                                                 First use of the name? - (admin)
                                         Do you post here in your freaking SLEEP, or what?!? - (CRConrad) - (6)
                                             My turn to fess up - - (dmarker) - (5)
                                                 ObLRPD: And there was much rejoicing... yayyyyy. - (ben_tilly) - (3)
                                                     Must be in reference to the mop comment, I guess: - (admin) - (2)
                                                         It's watching you from across the way... -NT - (dmarker) - (1)
                                                             I say, I say that was a JOKE, son! A joke! -NT - (inthane-chan)
                                                 And mine: (new thread) - (CRConrad)
         Thanks to all it is a special honor - (boxley) - (3)
             Smoke the pipe, and there will be no lies between us. -NT - (admin) - (1)
                 Me mislayum pipe, so wife rollum joint! -NT - (lincoln)
             I initially read that as "horror"... -NT - (static)
         Well said, Doug! - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
             The LPRD speaks on my behalf... - (Meerkat)

It's only a few more levels till we're throwing lions to the lawyers in arena combat.
104 ms