IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Pizzabox Project
Something to help me get back into a good mental state.

I have an old "Pizzabox" case that only accepts the smallest of the Baby AT motherboards. I have an old Baby AT 486SLC/E 33Mhz motherboard that can fit into it. Can it run Windows 95, or should I stick to DOS and WFW 3.11 or OS/2?

The main problem I have is the extender card only has 1 16 bit ISA slot and two 8 bit slots. I have to include an IDE/Floppy/Serial/Parallel combo card (16 bits) and then get an 8 Bit Video and Network card. Any ideas? I have an old 120M or 240M IDE drive that can run on it.

This would be a low end test system that I can test software out on, if I ever get to developing any software.

I also have an old 486SX 25Mhz Chip and Motherboard, but it is too big to fit into the Pizzabox case. I think that I do have an AT mid-tower I can get to work with it. So maybe I can use that as a backup?

Picking up the pieces of my broken life.
New Re: Pizzabox Project
Why not put Linux on it?

I had a 486SLC system that win95 would not install on, found out that processor is little more than a 386SX so if you're wanting a DOS system, it'd be fine...it will run WFW as well.
-----
Steve
New Work in progress
I found a 16 bit VGA card that works in 8 bit mode.

I got a 3Com network card on an 8 bit slot, it appeared to detect it but won't get on the local network.

Windows 95 loaded but then reported that I did not have enough memory to load 95 sub-systems. It was 95B that I tried. I only have 4M of RAM (30 pin SIMMS, only has 4 SIMM slots). Anyone know where I can buy 30 pin SIMMs real cheap? 4M 30 pin 4M SIMMS should be what I am looking for. Anyone have an old junker system that wants to part with them?

MS-DOS 6.22 and WFW 3.11 are installed for now, but cannot detect my other machines on the local network. I am using the same workgroup and the same data cables and hub.

New What kind of motherboards to use?
I reports itself as a Half Size motherboard case. I noticed that it had room on the bottom of the back of the case for ports and it says it can use "All In One" Half size motherboards. Anyone know where I can get any of these motherboards? I have another Pizzabox case and it would be cool to see if I can make a minimum sized PC with it.

Like an old All In One motherboard with at least a 486DX or Pentium 1 (Or AMD K5/K6 or Cyrix 6X86) would be nice. All the case has room for is a 3.5" floppy and 3.5" hard drive.

Pizzabox Project - (orion) - (3)
         Re: Pizzabox Project - (Steve Lowe) - (2)
             Work in progress - (orion) - (1)
                 What kind of motherboards to use? - (orion)

It requests to the errors of the tree of the activator of the exit in tribune of the suggestions.
39 ms