Personally, I don't see how your discussion, as an Israeli, is productive? Those who express shock and anger have not set off a nuclear devices and are not, at any rate, likely in charge of the arsenal. They are simply expressing anger. The chances of the U.S. using a nuclear response are remote at best.

I'm not one that believes a quick strike against the terrorists is necessarily the best course of action. Will power and the ability to see this thing through over the long haul is what's needed. The terrorists have managed to captivate our attention, but I'm not sure what they hope to gain by rousing a sleeping giant. I'd be more likely satisfied with a response that involved mobilizing a fleet and our air force over a course of weeks. That would be more a demostration of willpower than just a single quick flyby. Let them see our resolve.

My own suspicion, though admittedly not backed up by evidence, is that this attack is somehow related to the original attack on the World Trade Center. If that were the case, then the likely source would be Egyptian, not the West Bank or Afghanistan - though I'm sure there'll be implications there as well. Before we even discuss the response, we first need to establish who it is we're dealing with here.

One thing we do know, though, is that we are not dealing with rational people. They don't operate under an economic or political motive. They simply sought to kill people. Well, killing a lot of people has been shown to be a relatively simple thing to do. Living life is the more difficult task.