This issue is complicated. Look at the Taliban. There is a government that we helped establish that is currently prosecuting European and American missionaries for the heinous crime of evangalism. The penalty if convicted? Death. I don't pretend to understand that culture and I have no interest, on the contrary, I have a strong interest in blocking any part of that culture becoming a part of my own.

I'm merely pointing out that, unlike what some of my liberal friends would have you believe, those protestors in the streets of Palestine, Lybia, Iraq, Iran, Syria, Afghanistan, etc. celebrating the disaster here are not all out there out of fear of retribution from their governments. Many are out there because they hold (firmly) that God is actually happy about this slaughter.

You wanna invite their representatives for tea? And what would the negotiations be like? US: "You've got to realize that your religion is wrong. We shouldn't all be killed because we do not worship Allah as you do." What do you think the reaction would be?