IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: Business Week cover feature: Linux
All the usual journalistic mistakes and misconceptions are, of course, included.

So I see:
Business Week - Before using open-source software, tech companies must sign a license in which they promise to give away innovations they build on top of it.

That looks alot like the FUD Microsoft was trying to sell some time ago. Looks like people bought it.
~~~)-Steven----

"I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country..."

General George S. Patton
New Glorious inaccuracy-to-word ratio
Before using open-source software, tech companies must sign a license in which they promise to give away innovations they build on top of it.

1. "Before using": OSI-compliant licenses don't apply to running the software. The terms don't apply until you redistribute it.

2. "must sign a license": I've never signed an OSI license. No one has. Though they agree to abide by its terms when they redistribute.

3. "promise to give away innovations": Not unless they redistribute the modified code.

4. "promise to give away innovations": Besides which, they would still "own" those innovations but would, by releasing them as part of a Open Source-licensed project, agree to let others use them.
===

Implicitly condoning stupidity since 2001.
     Business Week cover feature: Linux - (Andrew Grygus) - (3)
         Useful find, Andrew. - (a6l6e6x)
         Re: Business Week cover feature: Linux - (Steven A S) - (1)
             Glorious inaccuracy-to-word ratio - (drewk)

Happy happy joy joy!
58 ms