IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New what else is new
ever try looking up stuff at Microsoft.com using Mozilla? It doesn't work. I always end up using internet exploiter when researching problems for work.

Darrell Spice, Jr.

[link|http://www.spiceware.org/|SpiceWare] - We don't do Windows, it's too much of a chore

New Works for me.
Mozilla 1.2.1 on Linux.

I don't look up a *lot* of things there, but often enough that I would notice it.
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
New interesting
results come back the same now.

I'd gotten into the habit of using IE when hitting support.microsoft.com due to the lack of results, guess I'll have to break that nasty habit :-)

Darrell Spice, Jr.

[link|http://www.spiceware.org/|SpiceWare] - We don't do Windows, it's too much of a chore

New This is a long standing Microsoft technique
They've done this for many years. Cause a problem for a competitive product and let the problem stand just long enough to give the competitor a bad reputation. Then fix the problem without notice and imply it never existed.

Opera is, I'm sure, very aware of this, and has taken strong publicity countermeasures early enough to be effective

Microsoft will target Opera very strongly because it is currently the leading browser for the enhanced mobile phone market, a huge market Microsoft dearly wants to dominate.
[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
New a huge market Microsoft dearly wants to dominate.
a huge market Microsoft dearly wants to dominate.

Doesn't that seem to apply to ANY market that has US$100M(+-$100M) in sales per year?

I'd think the hydra that Microsoft has become is leading it into having to many heads to feed. Next you know they'll be feasting on that good looking foot over there... which doesn't seem to be attached to Microsoft in anyway... but it is.

[link|mailto:curley95@attbi.com|greg] - Grand-Master Artist in IT
[link|http://www.iwethey.org/ed_curry/|REMEMBER ED CURRY!]   [link|http://pascal.rockford.com:8888/SSK@kQMsmc74S0Tw3KHQiRQmDem0gAIPAgM/edcurry/1//|ED'S GHOST SPEAKS!]
[link|http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,3959,857673,00.asp|Writing on wall, Microsoft to develop apps for Linux by 2004]
Heimatland Geheime Staatspolizei reminds:
These [link|http://www.whitehouse.gov/pcipb/cyberstrategy-draft.html|Civilian General Orders], please memorize them.
"Questions" will be asked at safety checkpoints.
New Probably. But this one is a little special.
The mobile phone market is not only a market that Opera is wiping the floor with Microsoft, but a market that is actively keeping Microsoft out. All the big players have deliberately turned their backs on Microsoft.

Opera also has a reputation for being responsive and open. Their bug reporting team are quite good, so it's not that surprising they have gotten on top of MSN's tricks this quick. And reported it very loudly. Slashdot even obliged by linking to an old CNN story when MSN did it last time.

Wade.

Is it enough to love
Is it enough to breathe
Somebody rip my heart out
And leave me here to bleed

Is it enough to die
Somebody save my life
I'd rather be Anything but Ordinary
Please

-- "Anything but Ordinary" by Avril Lavigne.

MSN.com sabotaging Opera - (marlowe) - (46)
         Hey deSitter, still think they've "changed"? -NT - (mmoffitt)
         Whoop more MS nonsense - (orion)
         what else is new - (SpiceWare) - (5)
             Works for me. - (admin) - (4)
                 interesting - (SpiceWare) - (3)
                     This is a long standing Microsoft technique - (Andrew Grygus) - (2)
                         a huge market Microsoft dearly wants to dominate. - (folkert) - (1)
                             Probably. But this one is a little special. - (static)
         So? - (static)
         Re: MSN.com sabotaging Opera - (andread) - (35)
             Re: MSN.com sabotaging Opera - (admin) - (1)
                 Nevermind that man behind the curtain... he means NOTHING... - (folkert)
             Shill shill shill shill shill shill shill shill shill shill! -NT - (CRConrad)
             Oops - ignore this one -NT - (ben_tilly)
             You are a little short on reading comprehension? - (ben_tilly) - (30)
                 One More Time - (andread) - (29)
                     Opera 7.0 identifies itself as *compatible* with IE 6.0 - (admin)
                     What Scott said. - (static)
                     And you still claim you're not shill-ing for MS? Bah! -NT - (CRConrad) - (26)
                         Grandiose Delusions - (andread) - (25)
                             I'll give you a good reason to care about us - (ben_tilly) - (24)
                                 Re: I'll give you a good reason to care about us - (andread) - (23)
                                     and it wouldnt be the same without ya -NT - (boxley)
                                     Do you have direct control of a webserver? - (folkert)
                                     Agent string - (kmself) - (11)
                                         Heh. You called him "Andrea". Andy doesn't like that. ;-) -NT - (Another Scott)
                                         Re: Agent string - (jb4) - (9)
                                             Check the TWiki - (drewk)
                                             Just understand--some sites will break... - (tseliot) - (7)
                                                 Changing the string doesn't break sites.... - (kmself) - (6)
                                                     Uh...yeah. - (tseliot) - (5)
                                                         Lemme guess... Educational?? - (folkert) - (2)
                                                             Buh...not educational. - (tseliot) - (1)
                                                                 No... - (folkert)
                                                         Microsoft is boiling the frogs again.... - (kmself) - (1)
                                                             Re: Microsoft is boiling the frogs again.... - (jake123)
                                     Misunderstandings repeated - (ben_tilly) - (8)
                                         Feh - what's to say other than Andrea Dear *is* Squidley? -NT - (CRConrad)
                                         Re: Misunderstandings repeated - (andread) - (6)
                                             Did you ever follow the link above? - (ben_tilly) - (5)
                                                 ICLRPD (new thread) - (drewk)
                                                 Signs? What signs?!? -NT - (CRConrad)
                                                 Sorry Ben I'm not Buying in - (andread) - (2)
                                                     DOH! but... but... but... - (folkert)
                                                     Ironically informative - (ben_tilly)
         Easy enough to do - (orion)

What's the Queen Koopa like?
74 ms