IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Something to track projects--a virtual "Dry Erase" board?
Is there some brilliant little piece of software out there that will allow one to list various projects one is working on and tasks associated with them? And track progress on each of those tasks? Sort of like a work "diary" (too cheesy), or a dry erase board (too messy, can't ftp it).

Here's why it'd be helpful: sometimes I'm away from a little project for a few days and for the life of me can't remember where I left off and what I have left to do. I'm a decent documenter so I can go to the various programs I've been working on themselves and cue myself, but how much handier it would be to call up the "Virtual Dry Erase Board" and see what's what. Is there such a thing? What's the name for it anyway? Or better yet, where do I look for such a thing?

I've been using a little MS Access database with text fields for comments and each project having it's own table, and I can slavishly make notes in it, but I was hoping for something that would do a little more.

Thanks,

Scot
New Why not...
Just put a webcam on the whiteboard, and maybe even a robot with a pen and eraser if you want others to have input? :)

Addison
New For you personally, or for a group?
If it's just you, then noting stuff down in a text file is fairly powerful, though it requires some discipline to manage because it's essentially format-free. Yes - this sounds a lot like your Access database.

Wade.

"All around me are nothing but fakes
Come with me on the biggest fake of all!"

New ObPrescientLRPD: "You getting this down?" :-)
New Re: Something to track projects--a virtual "Dry Erase" board
I saw something that sounds llike what you want on [link|http://freshmeat.net|Freshmeat] a month or two ago. It provided an HTML/web interface as well as a command line ability. But I can't for the life of me remember its name. But in any case, freshmeat might be a good place to start.
French Zombies are zapping me with lasers!
New webex
"Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one."

--Thomas Jefferson
New DCL
AKA [link|http://dcl.sourceforge.net/|Double Choco Latte].

We use that here at work to track our projects, big and small, as well as use it as a bug database.
-YendorMike

"The problems of the world cannot possibly be solved by the skeptics or the cynics whose horizons are limited by the obvious realities. We need people who dream of things that never were." - John F. Kennedy
     Something to track projects--a virtual "Dry Erase" board? - (swmcnary) - (6)
         Why not... - (addison)
         For you personally, or for a group? - (static)
         ObPrescientLRPD: "You getting this down?" :-) -NT - (CRConrad)
         Re: Something to track projects--a virtual "Dry Erase" board - (wharris2)
         webex -NT - (Silverlock)
         DCL - (Yendor)

Innovation from the rear again.
45 ms