IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Some of Q's pro laptops are good
My old Armada 4131T was a very good notebook for me. It was very reliable, rarely crashed, and the hardware was good quality (e.g. excellent keyboard and track pad). It's still working, just for someone else.

However, I wouldn't touch a Presario with a ten foot pole.

Tony
New Compaq laptops are even more MS than Sony ones...
When I began researching issues with Laptops and Linux I found almost no-one had even tried to install Linux on modern Compaq laptops. But even though the Sony VAIOs are pretty MS-centric, a lot more people were willing to have a go at Linuxifying them. That boded ill for Linux support of Compaq laptops and so I barely considered them.

Wade.

"All around me are nothing but fakes
Come with me on the biggest fake of all!"

New Well, I installed Caldera on that one for a while
     Moving that customer from a Chrysler to a dirigible to a sub - (Another Scott) - (20)
         It's too good! - (wharris2)
         Viva HPAQ! - (gdaustin) - (17)
             I have hated Compaqs from day one. - (Andrew Grygus) - (15)
                 Re: I have hated Compaqs from day one. - (n3jja) - (1)
                     Hey! Long time no see. Where you been, and is everything OK? -NT - (CRConrad)
                 Some of Q's pro laptops are good - (tonytib) - (2)
                     Compaq laptops are even more MS than Sony ones... - (static) - (1)
                         Well, I installed Caldera on that one for a while -NT - (tonytib)
                 Speaking of the servers - - (Ashton) - (8)
                     Linux on Compaq servers - (admin) - (1)
                         Thanks - comforting thought. - (Ashton)
                     I feel your pain - I really do . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (5)
                         err.. cc: AB?__________________cackle.. - (Ashton) - (2)
                             PHB-icide - (mhuber) - (1)
                                 Cackle.. works OK in my lex-icon______________:-\ufffd -NT - (Ashton)
                         Eh, "NT 4.1" -Is that Gryge-speak for Windows 2000, or what? -NT - (CRConrad) - (1)
                             Naah, It's 4.0 w/Service Pack 6a applied -NT - (Andrew Grygus)
                 how they ever had the stones to sell 30k intel servers - (boxley)
             There are (were?) 2 Compaqs. - (addison)
         Should someone notice the preps for a fire sale -?- - (Ashton)

Danger, Will Robinson! Danger!
63 ms