IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New a few thoughts on Quantum Gravity: abstract by S. Carlip
Wont try to pretend to understand the math, that whooshing sound was most of the equations going over my head. The paper was very good at describing what the math purported to be.
It appears that the biggest problem is defining space/time when doing an observation. After a period of thought I wonder.
There is a co-relation between mass and gravity that is measurable under the classic model. mass and gravity have a direct relationship. Space and (gravitymass) are related we can see that looking at the moon and the earth relationship to the sun and other planets.
Does time have a direct relationship to mass also?
less mass isolated from other gravitational impulses does time run differently in a measured manner?
If we took a measurable 1/2 life of a known object(say strontium90 which is 28 yrs) in a vacuum on earth, used earth time to measure a given period while at the same time in a vacuum on mercury or one of the asteroids would the fissionable material also disappear in 28 earth yrs?
also noted in the paper I saw no mention (or didnt know I was looking at it) negative intergers. Is there no room for them?
thanx,
bill
Our bureaucracy and our laws have turned the world into a clean, safe work camp. We are raising a nation of slaves.
Chuck Palahniuk
New Local Clocks
The key point in GR is that time is local. Clocks slow down in a gravitational field. Since the Earth's gravity is stronger than Mercury's, it will take longer (seen from a distance) for the same process to occur on the Earth's surface than it will on Mercury's. The rate change is infinitesimal unless the gravitational field is very, VERY intense.

A practical experiment is to compare an atomic clock on the Earth's surface to one in orbit. Read about it here:

[link|http://www.phys.virginia.edu/classes/252/general_relativity.html|http://www.phys.vir...ativity.html]

BTW, general relativity is incomplete in a sense since mass is just as much a mystery in it as it is in Newtonian gravity. However in my work mass becomes an aspect of geometry connected with curvature in the 5th and 6th dimensions, so this gets closer to the truth. The jury is out.
     a few thoughts on Quantum Gravity: abstract by S. Carlip - (boxley) - (1)
         Local Clocks - (deSitter)

I'm not flying anywhere.
33 ms