IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Does DB2 have a programming language?
You know, like PL/SQL, Transact SQL, etc. I have never seen any books or docs show a procedural language built into DB2.

Back when I used DB2, you wrote your stored procedure/function in REXX, C, or COBOL and then registered it into the database. It was a painful process.

I have not used the SQL Stored Procedure, but it looks like it fits what you're asking.

-Mike
New Re: Does DB2 have a programming language?
There's a language built into DB2 called SQL PL, I guess as an answer to PL/SQL in Oracle.

But, if you're doing stored procedures, you can write them in C, C++, Java or SQL PL.

There's a GUI tool in the DB2 Admin Client called the Stored Procedure Builder, that guides you through a GUI to build a stored procedure, but I don't know what the final language is (C, Java?)

Finally, straight SQL commands can be run in batch from a command line db2. Just type db2 from a command prompt or shell prompt and you're at a db2 prompt. You can use pipes and send them in, too.

I do stuff like this all the time:

db2 < createRawMsgTable

Which is a db2 SQL command to create a database table.

Glen Austin
     Does DB2 have a programming language? - (tablizer) - (2)
         Re: Does DB2 have a programming language? - (morganek)
         Re: Does DB2 have a programming language? - (gdaustin)

I invited her up to my place for a little midnight bait. I said, "Come on, baby. It'll only take a few minnows." She threw me that same old line: "Not tonight, I've got a haddock."
158 ms