IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Something maybe not brought to your attention
I haven't the foggiest where your talents lie in the exciting field of VB, as you know.. but that doesn't really matter for these purposes.

What maybe (?) you haven't grokked about certain homo-saps, and especially those in the bizness class, lawyer sub-class: See, actually OhRyan, it's pretty clear that you have a good heart. No flattery intended or needed - last thing you need to hear now, is More BS!

Simply, you are in fact "a bit too 'good'" to flourish in an environment quite so prevarication-based; you lack the instinctive talent for lying instantly, for each occasion (just my take from a distance).

What you may not realize is - the effect 'you' are likely to have on -- those of slimeball general makeup; those who maintain their positions in bizness by backbiting amidst the suits, dissing their betters via various nasty ploys. There are quite a few of those around. Tennessee Williams and others, made a good living - telling their stories.

When one of these semi-humans encounters one of youse? They Know instinctively, "this guy is up to no bad". I've gotta do *something* to bring him down to my level..

Really. It was similar in Rome; the slaves were the 'superiors' and the more perceptive Romans realized this - basic humankind 101-A. Made them look *bad*, which of course: they were.

See too? Criticism from such - has 0 / zippo to do with who you are, or how well you did/did not (?) clean up the scripting crap left by previous folks.

(It just wouldn't *do* for you to - imagine you'd "actually been fairly 'evaluated' and found wanting"! Any such BS from those folks could only have been: BS! Clear?)

Sorry.. if you'd gotten this already; in which case - never mind!

It's also OK to thoroughly enjoy.. not doing much at all, right now.. Occasional loafing is really *Fun* and also essential.

A.
New What is clear to me
is that no mater what I have to make a change.

Either I change my job to a new one, I try to change myself to adapt to work at the current one the way they want me to, or I quit and take my chances looking for a new job. Changing jobs is hard right now due to the fact that I am on short-term disability, showing up to a job interview while depressed won't work unless they are looking for a depressed person to work the job. All the short-term disability has bought me is some time to get better and think about what I have to do. Only type of job I can get really quickly is a contracting job. Just sign up at a contacting company and hope that they can send me to a client to work. Perminate jobs will require them some time to review my application.

Thanks to everyone for thinking about me and wishing me a recovery. Sorry I haven't been posting more often, I have tried to cut back on my Internet usage. I think I am addicted to using the Internet and I am trying to break myself of it.

Given time to recover I should be fine. I'll talk to my doctor next week and see what he thinks.

Picking up the pieces of my broken life.
New by all means put the keyboard down and get better:)
why did god give us a talleywhacker and a trigger finger if he didnt want us to use them?
Randy Wayne White
New Sounds quite clear enough.
Being depressed about the 'world' can occur from simply: too close inspection of some of 'its' illusions. But your mind isn't working half-bad, I'd opine.

(And your chosen field appears to contain about as much daily BS as my simple mind could never imagine, unassisted)
Hmmm?

Yes - cool out. Ignore lots of stuff, including 'us' :-\ufffd

(Recall too - takes some acclimating to peace&quiet, when you've had little time for it..)

Cheers,
A.
New Ahh, yes to have the time to scratch yerself
then keep on scratching:) think I might have some extra time myself. Rumors are a flyin will know by friday.
thanx,
bill
why did god give us a talleywhacker and a trigger finger if he didnt want us to use them?
Randy Wayne White
New Will light candle.
To join a couple others sufferin the vicissitudes in other areas. Some of the proposed legislation is decidedly heading Repo and may stay that way til another election allows us to send Cheney/Dubya back to the oil bizness.

Hope your skill at evading the HR brand of BS gets you a better shot than most - experience has to count for more than a College of San Mateo 'MCSE' by proxy (?)

Luck,

A.
who still wonders what it will take for IT folk to start contributing to *some* National-level lobbying against the balderdash coming down the pike. This is Murica and ONLY $$ talks in such a way as to be listened to.. Buy yourselves a Repo today!
     A bit of bad news today - (orion) - (39)
         Hope you weather the storm... - (ChrisR)
         Re: A bit of bad news today - (Arkadiy) - (2)
             But there is another option I had not considered - (orion) - (1)
                 Realistically, don't bother. - (admin)
         Hey bud sorry to hear this - (boxley)
         Sorry to hear of it, Orion. - (a6l6e6x)
         Just based on your past experiences with this company, - (SpiceWare)
         OK I'm confused - (tuberculosis) - (27)
             they claim he will get benefits - (boxley) - (26)
                 Yes I don't believe them - (orion) - (25)
                     Take #1. - (bepatient) - (1)
                         I'll take it under advisement - (orion)
                     I am sorry - (orion) - (22)
                         What? - (addison) - (21)
                             Any word from Orion? - (mhuber) - (20)
                                 I got an email a few days ago, Ill check -NT - (boxley) - (19)
                                     What happened to me - (orion) - (18)
                                         hey buddy we were worried about ya - (boxley) - (7)
                                             I was kind of out of it - (orion) - (6)
                                                 Something maybe not brought to your attention - (Ashton) - (5)
                                                     What is clear to me - (orion) - (4)
                                                         by all means put the keyboard down and get better:) -NT - (boxley)
                                                         Sounds quite clear enough. - (Ashton) - (2)
                                                             Ahh, yes to have the time to scratch yerself - (boxley) - (1)
                                                                 Will light candle. - (Ashton)
                                         Kinda figured you were cooling out.. - (Ashton)
                                         Glad you're still with us. - (static)
                                         {Phew!} Great to hear from you. -NT - (Meerkat)
                                         how long until your short term disability runs out? - (boxley)
                                         good to see you - (Steve Lowe)
                                         Welcome back. Sincere best of luck. Hang in there. -NT - (Another Scott)
                                         Glad to hear from you - (mhuber)
                                         Great to hear from you, good luck -NT - (drewk)
                                         Add one more well-wisher - (inthane-chan)
                                         Time to start looking after #1 - (pwhysall)
         Seems like 3 is the reasonable choice. But... - (Another Scott) - (3)
             Sick leave and Short-Term disability - (orion) - (2)
                 its sounds like the company is sick not you. - (boxley)
                 You are working for lawyers. Right? - (Ashton)

Didja ever take and try to give an iron-clad leave to yourself from a three-rail billiard shot?
127 ms