IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Check out Logitech.
I'd given up on their mice a bit back, but we recently got some of their opticals, and they are actually VERY nice.
Any deity worthy of a graven image can cobble up a working universe complete with fake fossils in under a week - hey, if you're not omnipotent, there's no real point in being a god. But to start with a big ball of elementary particles and end up with the duckbill platypus without constant twiddling requires a degree of subtlety and the ability to Think Things Through: exactly the qualities I'm looking for when I'm shopping for a Supreme Being.
New Second on Logitech
I have one for my G4 tower and it works a treat right out of the box.

For a laptop, look into the Kensington Pocket Mouse Pro. The cable reels into the mouse case when not in use. I've gone through two of them already on my TiBook, though, so they could probably be sturdier. (Or I could just treat them with more care, I suppose.)

My wife still likes the Apple Pro ('crystal) mouse since she can't remember when to click which button on a multi-button mouse. She also has MS with accompanying loss of manual dexterity and the Apple mouse is essentially one big mouse button so you just squeeze it anywhere to click.

Takes all kinds, I say.

Tom Sinclair

"Everybody is someone else's weirdo."
- E. Dijkstra
New Thirded
I'm using a Logitech optiocal 2 button w/scroll wheel at work. Very nice.

At home I'm still using my Kensington Expert Mouse trackball. It's the older serial/ps2 one, not the newer PS2/USB one. I even picked up some replacement balls for it - a "crystal ball" from third party(can't find a link) that looks like it's glowing when the light hits it right and a blue one that Kensignton put out. The blue one reminds me of a bowling ball, the way the colors shimmer when you turn it.

Darrell Spice, Jr.

[link|http://www.spiceware.org/|SpiceWare] - We don't do Windows, it's too much of a chore

New What? Still using corded mice?
A couple companies are making mini mice for laptops with small transmitters. [link|http://www.targus.com/product_details.asp?sku=PAUM005U|Targus mini mouse] I went for the Micro Innovations mouse; the transmitter is a bit bigger, but it included a rechargeable NiMH battery. So far it's been good.

For desktop systems, I use Logitech.

Tony
New Yup
I didn't want to fuss with batteries and I get at least some of the same convenience from the retractable cord. Fits nicely into my laptop bag without tangles.

Tom Sinclair

"Everybody is someone else's weirdo."
- E. Dijkstra
     Making money off of Linux: HP and IBM - (marlowe) - (38)
         What? No applause? Cmon O My Brothers! - (deSitter) - (22)
             Oh, I cheer. Even if I didn't post. - (imric)
             Stuff it. - (admin) - (1)
                 Seconded - (Yendor)
             Re: What? No applause? Cmon O My Brothers! - (rickmoen) - (1)
                 Guess Not - did you? -NT - (deSitter)
             As long as the profit is subservient to the code, sure. - (tseliot) - (16)
                 Meaningless statement - (deSitter) - (15)
                     Think "Microsoft" - (Brandioch) - (11)
                         Bad development, not a master plan - (deSitter) - (10)
                             There was a cultural attitude there. - (inthane-chan)
                             "DOS isn't done 'til Lotus won't run." It's cultural. QED. -NT - (Another Scott)
                             Re: merging browsing into the OS. - (mmoffitt) - (4)
                                 Re: merging browsing into the OS. - (deSitter) - (3)
                                     Re: A decent competitor. - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                                         There is one way - (deSitter) - (1)
                                             Perhaps, but... - (mmoffitt)
                             Say that again. - (Brandioch) - (2)
                                 Mozilla is just an application - (deSitter) - (1)
                                     Ummm, incorrect. - (Brandioch)
                     Okay, Mr. low-context. - (tseliot) - (2)
                         Re: Okay, Mr. low-context. - (deSitter) - (1)
                             Up to a point. -NT - (tseliot)
         All that money and they still cant get a decent UI onto it -NT - (tuberculosis) - (14)
             Nope - (deSitter)
             Well, I was given the opportunity to use... - (folkert) - (12)
                 Sweating the details - (drewk)
                 Check out Logitech. - (inthane-chan) - (4)
                     Second on Logitech - (tjsinclair) - (3)
                         Thirded - (SpiceWare)
                         What? Still using corded mice? - (tonytib) - (1)
                             Yup - (tjsinclair)
                 Switch to graphite mode - (tuberculosis) - (5)
                     Other desktop theming options - (tjsinclair)
                     Vive la NeXT! -NT - (deSitter)
                     It's not really a matter of Color... - (folkert) - (2)
                         I entered a room where the floor was so cunningly laid... - (cforde) - (1)
                             Always one in every group!!! ;) -NT - (folkert)

The natural enemy of the tightrope walker is the common bee.
71 ms