IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New It will work the usual way.
Latest Media Player will install various Bits into the computer that recognize the CDs as non-copyprotectable.

Don't install it? All computers (Win2kSp3 or XP SP1 minimum) will be updated. No questions.
Any deity worthy of a graven image can cobble up a working universe complete with fake fossils in under a week - hey, if you're not omnipotent, there's no real point in being a god. But to start with a big ball of elementary particles and end up with the duckbill platypus without constant twiddling requires a degree of subtlety and the ability to Think Things Through: exactly the qualities I'm looking for when I'm shopping for a Supreme Being.
New How does that prevent all copying
When you have all those Phillips CD recorders and other hardware only copiers/recorders (not to mention Linux driven computers)?

The only way would be to make the CDs playable only on Windblows machines, and I don't think the music industry is ready to give up that many sales just to make sure the CDs can't be pirated.
~~~)-Steven----

"I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country..."

General George S. Patton
New It won't.
That's not the idea - the idea is to get M$ more money by overselling some idea to the (computer illiterate) RIAA.
     Microsoft unveils new CD copy protection - (tuberculosis) - (14)
         I don't see how it could work, either. -NT - (static) - (1)
             Wait... I just figured it out... - (folkert)
         It will work the usual way. - (inthane-chan) - (2)
             How does that prevent all copying - (Steven A S) - (1)
                 It won't. - (inthane-chan)
         Couldn't you still just rip the songs with a MP3 Ripper? - (orion) - (8)
             You wouldn't need the MP3 step to do that. - (static) - (7)
                 Re: You wouldn't need the MP3 step to do that. - (orion) - (6)
                     WAV=Original audio; MP3=LOSSY-compressed. So why use MP3 ?!? -NT - (CRConrad) - (4)
                         Because MP3 saves on hard drive space - (orion) - (3)
                             We were talking about burning CDs, see thread start subject. -NT - (CRConrad) - (2)
                                 Yes but if you cannot burn a CD because it is protected - (orion) - (1)
                                     There's always the 'analog hole', true... -NT - (imric)
                     Well, yes. - (static)

No matter what I accomplish in this life, nobody's going to sculpt my head in thermoplastic resin and make it spit water into the bedrooms of sick children.
66 ms